Friday, October 1, 2010

More of the news...

I have a few funny and cute stories about how I told my friends I was pregnant! The best was how I told my best friend Stef. It was perfect! My mom, sister and I were baking a million homemade rolls for a Stake Young Women Activity my mom had. Stef came over to learn how to make rolls and to help! Right when she showed up we were rolling out some dough and I said "Stef, do you know why we're making so many buns?" And she was confused obviously knowing it was for a YW activity but then I said "It's cause I have a bun in the oven!" She was so cute! She started crying which then made my mom cry then causing us all to jump and scream in the kitchen!

Then the next day we went to lunch with Caitlin and Kami at Happy Sumo. Stef and i made up a little poem that doesn't rhyme and basically makes no sense but it worked! We wrote it as if Stef's daughter Paislee was saying it...
It said:
Finally I have someone to play
When the big girls have their lunch days
We'll giggle, we'll smile, we'll be crazy and diddaly (not a word-we know!)
But I'll have to meet you when I get home from Italy!
Love, Baby Toolson
Then of course Caitlin and Kami started to cry! It was great!!
Then for my going away party we got a group of girls and went to Goodwood for dinner. Kami thought of the cutest way to tell everyone! We got a bag of kisses and took the papers out re-stuffing them with tiny papers that Kami had made saying
"I can't wait to give you Hugs and Kisses! Love, Baby Toolson"
It was PERFECT!
We then drove all the way to Bountiful for Nielsen's Custard and made a quick stop by Hobbitville. By far the funniest thing I have ever participated in. This story will be top 5 of my memories forever!
I can't wait for our baby to have so many amazing Aunts!!



5 comments:

Stefanie Bell said...

oh my gosh, while I was reading this I really got the chills and cried again!!! I am SO EXCITED, you will be the best little mommy!!!

Mandy Radman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy Radman said...

Jess, I love your blog, its so cute! congratulations on the baby!!!!! baby's change everything, for the better! Enjoy Italia!!! Ciao-

Unknown said...

Jess! This is Whitney from UVSC dance team! I'm so glad you have a blog! I'm so happy for you and the baby! Congrats!!

mandi winterton said...

congrats jess!
that is wonderful news.
and just so you are aware, i now blog stalk you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...