Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blessing Day

Sunday June 12th, 2011 was Asher's very special day. It was his blessing day! He was given his full name of Asher Michael Toolson after his awesome Papa Mike. Ryan did an amazing job with such a heartfelt and important blessing. Asher just looked up at everyone during the entire blessing and didn't even make a sound. I was emotional the entire time. I started crying when we sang "I am a Child of God" before Ryan even started the blessing! I was a wreck I tell ya! The Spirit was strong and the room was filled with love! I am so happy to know that Ryan is a worthy Priesthood holder and is able to give our children such important blessings.

My mom helping me get Asher all dressed for his debut. She was a busy Martha Stewart getting everything ready for his blessing! She made the most amazing food and did everything in an "Italian" theme.

Danielle and Kim (no pics with Kim?) were amazing helping my mom put the entire day together! They were lifesavers!

He looks Angelic.

All of the Toolson side that came to be there for Asher.

And the Campbell/Hansen side.

And of course more family...STEF! Thank you friends Stef and Allen, Lauren and Whitney and Jordan for coming!

The feast! We served my mom's scrumptious homemade lasagna, caesar salad, melon with prosciutto and baguettes. Of course there was dessert! It was ice cream with nutella and berries and to top it off delicious cookies that had red and green m&m's! So creative!
Thank you everyone for the love and support on Asher's special day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Asher is so so cute! Congrats!

Unknown said...

I love the very first picture of you two dressing him. His little face is so sweet! And holy cow, Asher had an awesome turn out for his blessing!

kim huish said...

Love that sweet Asher. That was such a great day.

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Love the blessing days! I love hearing what comes out of Jordan's (or Ryan for you) mouth and the wonderful blessings he's able to give. It was fun to have you guys at Wyatt's blessing a few years ago. He's sure cute Jess!

Brooke and Mike said...

I've been dying to see updates. Hooray!! Asher looks so different from the last picture I saw. It's crazy how fast they change, huh? I love the family photo : )

Ellery Pugmire said...

You are so cute. I'm glad your blog is back in action.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...