Saturday, October 29, 2011

Uplifting

I have been feeling a little bit "behind" the last couple of weeks.  I rarely have a completely clean house, it's a major accomplishment to get Asher and me out the door to the gym, I am nonstop doing laundry, I'm missing family and friends (the dreaded months of holidays are coming) and I just don't quite feel like I have IT all together.  I find myself spending time looking at other peoples blogs (which gets me more behind!) and wishing I were as "crafty" as her or "oh dear, her house is so clean!" or "I have some work to do! She had her baby 2 months ago and looks great!"  Luckily, I came across this talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf today as I was trying to catch up on conference.  If you haven't read it then you definitely should. It gave me a little pep in my step today!  It's always great to be reminded of what is important in life.  I realized that I am doing my job of being a full time mommy and that is very important.  I am accomplishing things by spending every waking hour caring for a husband and baby.  The other stuff may fall behind but Heavenly Father knows I am trying my best and that I love knowing that I am "important" is His eyes.  So are YOU! Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Ellery Pugmire said...

I love that talk. I love Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He understands women so well. I feel the same way about blogging... it's a double edged sword. It's so hard as women not to compare ourselves to others. I think you are beautiful. Your baby is adorable. He actually has a little twin over here in our ward. I wonder if Megs told you about him yet? Anyway, I hope you do remember how great you are. And like he said, "the people you think are perfect. Are not." Hope you're doing well in Turkey.
-Ellery

r+s+a laney said...

Thanks for this post. I hadn't heard his talk until you mentioned it, so I listened to it...what a wonderful and inspiring talk. I needed to hear it.

Ps Asher is so dang cute!

Kim said...

You're awesome sis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...