Friday, May 4, 2012

Another season coming to an end!

On Sunday Aliaga had the last game of their regular season.  We played the #1 team in the league and ended up losing by only two points.  It was such a great game and it was actually a bummer we lost because we were up by 13 with four minutes left!  Ryan had an incredible game and ended with 32 points.  He went on a 19 point run all by himself in the 2nd quarter to catch up and put Aliaga ahead by two points.  It was such a high energy game! Ryan finished the season tied for 3rd place for most points per game and he also has the highest free throw percentage in the league only missing eight free throws this entire season out of 107.  I don't mean to brag, but that's amazing!  It was such a fun and successful season and now we are ready for playoffs!  I really am so proud of Ryan and all of his dedication and hard work.  I say that a lot but that's because I mean it! People think he just plays basketball and that it must be easy doing what you love all day but I will be the first to tell you that it isn't all fun and games.  It is hard work and it takes a certain type of person to be able to handle the life not only physically but also mentally.  One day you are the hero and the next you might be cut from the team.  He does a great job of remaining focused and working hard every single day. 



At half time Ryan already had 25 points!








My sweet friend Megan came to the game and I loved having her along!!
Asli and Melinda. They are so sweet!
After the games the visiting fans have to stay in their section until all of the arena is emptied in order to avoid fights.  Asher likes to crawl all over the court while we wait for Ryan and the fans started cheering and chanting for Asher to come closer to them.  Asher would crawl a little ways and then stop and bounce on his bum and clap with them.  He kept on getting a little closer and closer and then when he finally got close enough they started going absolutely crazy for him! They saw when I picked him up that he was wearing a Turkish flag shirt and they couldn't get enough. Asher was waving, clapping and bouncing nonstop.  Mind you, this was all on t.v. and Asher was definitely working the crowd.  I've been getting calls all week from friends telling me they saw Asher leading the crowd.  Too funny.






I can't believe this is the end of our 3rd season overseas.  The time flew this year which is definitely nice but I also have really enjoyed this season.  It's always this time of year that I start to get butterflies wondering where this journey will take us next.  Such a fun experience but also makes me really nervous! I have really loved our time in Izmir with great friends and for Ryan having an incredible season! 

2 comments:

kim huish said...

Ryan is the man! Congrats to him on such an amazing season (but let's be honest, I'm not surprised by how well he does!). And I think I know where Asher gets his "working the crowd" talent from....Jess! Love all of this and am so glad you guys had such a great year!

Cummards said...

What a fun year for you guys! Congrats to Ryan on having such a succesful year, and keep it up for playoffs! I just loved your little note to Asher, what a sweet mommy! I get so sad when I put my kids to bed at night too, just thinking that another day had passed, and hoping I soaked it all up while they are still little.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...