Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Asher's First Year!

Oh, what an amazing year...






 















And then...the big day!
 This morning we shared a sausage egg mcmuffin and a banana for breakfast! He also drank a big juice box of orange juice then took a two hour nap.
 It's my Birthday and I'll cry if I want to!





Don't judge my parenting skills by the food we ate today.  I promise I feed my baby healthy food! But, today was Asher's favorites!  He does major work on pizza!!  
Asher has changed so much in this last month! Blowing kisses, standing by himself, babbling all of the time, lifting his body up onto the bed and couch and turning around to get down, waving bye without me telling him, he finally understands "NO!" when he feels like it, he eats ONLY big boy food and isn't at all interested in baby foods, he giggles when we read books, he is constantly playing with the mop and vacuum, he dances nonstop, he throws his stuffed animals out of his crib across the room and then laughs out loud, he turns the water on and off in the tub, he still sucks his thumb constantly,his favorite song is "No more monkeys jumpin' on the bed!", he loves watching other kids play, he cries when visitors leave our house, he has a sweet tooth, he claps at Ryan's games nonstop, he dives for the ladies at daycare, he loves to play with basketballs, he cries when I have to take things away from him such as our car keys, dirty things or chords, he makes a lot of funny facial expressions and is even learning to vibrate his lips and he sounds just like a horse.  He is so much fun and I am having very mixed emotions about his first birthday.  Did I soak up every moment? Is he still my little baby? Did he have a happy first year? All of the silly things that mommy's worry about.  Ryan has reassured me many times today that Asher is the happiest little guy and that it's physically impossible to love him any more than I do.  I feel like saying I'm obsessed with Asher still isn't enough.  He makes me laugh multiple times a day and really gives me something to look forward to every single day. He makes lonely days not lonely and what could be boring days not at all boring! I have loved watching his personality begin to sprout.  He has begun to tease me and tickle me.  He pokes and pinches me and then we giggle.  I get teary eyed when I put him to bed at night thinking of the time when he won't need me as much anymore.  Hopefully that is still a few years away.

Asher, you really have taught me a new kind of love.  I would do anything for you and I really want what is best for you in this life.  I will do my best to raise you and I will be positive that you always know you are loved.  What a blessing you are in my life. Happy 1st Birthday my little buddy! Love, mommy

6 comments:

Julianne said...

he is SO darling jess! such a happy little guy! you know how some little babies are like...not cute? that 5 week old pic of him in the orange is ADORABLE!! love it :) It's so fun to see your updates from around the universe where you live. haha!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday cute Asher! I can't believe he is one. Time flies. Love all the pics! Chase wants me to ask you when you'll be home? He wants to golf with Ryan! If you come home during the summer we need to get together. I hope everything is going well in Turkey!

The Pynes said...

so cute jess! i cried reading that and thinking that my little one okaley will be 1 in just 4 weeks!! :( and i am thinking the same things did i soak in all the little moments that i had with her? but your so cute and asher is adorable! :) so happy for you and i bet your the best mom out there!

kim huish said...

Asher is so lucky to have a mom like you! I just can't get enough of that little munchkin...I'm looking forward to watching him grow over the years and to see all the mischief that he, Benton and baby "Jack" will get into as they get older!

Stefanie Bell said...

So cute!! He totally knows how loved he his!! He is the happiest little guy, and just like kim said. He is so lucky to have you as his mom. He is going to be laughing everyday from you, I know I would..:)

Happy Birthday little man, we love you so much!!

Unknown said...

that was a whole year ago that i cried reading your labor story?? i'm still traumatized, i guess! haha

happy birthday asher! he is so sweet and going to be such a good looking guy! i love that you have a little buddy to keep you company in turkey! still hoping brian and i get to meet him soon. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...