Saturday, December 5, 2009

LOCKED UP

It's not often that you get to say you are "locked in." Well guess what...today is that day for me! Let me explain. Here at my apartment in Turkey you have to have a key in order to unlock the door to leave. Also you have to have a key in order to get in. My cute little husband has an away game this weekend. Early this morning he was getting ready to leave and he took one of the sets of keys and unlocked the door. As he was getting ready to walk out the door his manager called and said that he would pick him up in 20 minutes so not to leave yet. Ryan came back in the bedroom and was on the computer. When the time came to leave Ryan took the other set of keys off the hook forgetting that the first set was in his pocket. He shut the door and locked it from the outside not knowing he was taking both sets of keys. This morning I woke up and was fussing around. I ate my breakfast, cleaned my kitchen, watched So You Think You Can Dance and got dressed for the gym. When I was leaving to go to the gym I went to grab a set of keys to unlock the door. No keys in sight. Was it in my gym bag? Nope. Was it in my purse? Nope. Were they in the couch? Nope. Coat pockets? Nope. So I finally decided to call Ryan. "Do you know where the other set of keys are?" I asked. He told me that they should either be on the hook or the kitchen counter. When I told him they weren't there he got up and looked in his duffle bag and found one pair. Then he checked his coat pocket and there was the other set. "OH MY GOODNESS!!" He was freaking out! He is all the way in Istanbul which is an 1 1/2 flight away. I thought I would be mad but guess what...I started laughing! What can you do but laugh? Ryan wanted to get someone to come and let me out but even if they unlock the door to let me out, I can't get back in! I have to have a key to get out or get in! Then he wanted to get a locksmith to come and replace the whole lock and give me a new key but I didn't see the point in wasting the money. So, I've decided to have an incredibly lazy two days! I have been cleaning, blogging, painting my toes and fingernails, watching TV and deciding on whether or not to bake oatmeal chocolate chip cookies all for myself or not! The way I look at this situation is at least it's better to be locked in then locked out! At least I have a place to lay down, clothes, food and my computer. The only thing I'm hoping is that there isn't an emergency that I have to get out for. I guess in that situation a nice karate kick to the door will do the trick. RIGHT?

4 comments:

star1britty said...

I would have called your parents. Because I am sure they would have helped you out. Well Happy Birthday!!! I am sure living in Turkey is interesting!!!
Maybe next time make sure Ryan doesnt take both sets of keys. Or you could always make an extra set.
Well I guess you are a trooper and making the best of being locked inside your apartment..

Lindsay said...

I am laughing! You are so positive! I can imagine you right now, just chillin. You can get alot done in the house, being locked in! Good luck! and have fun :)

Lindsey S. said...

So funny! That could actually be a lot of fun!

sherrie said...

I'm reading this to Brian right now and we are totally laughing! I am so glad you have a blog!! I have had sick kids for a month (including baby) so I haven't been on the computer...I wish I had been on to email you the days you were locked in! love you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...