Thursday, December 2, 2010

A trip down memory lane

I was browsing through pictures on my computer when I discovered there are so many events this summer I didn't blog about! I wanted to post some random pictures so that I have them documented. Lots of these pictures are from little vacations we took this summer or just things I want to make sure we never forget.
Visiting Arizona!! Dressing up in Ryan's High School "Tool Time" shirts to go play Sean's friends in a mean Toolson vs. Friends match of wiffle (spelling?) ball! We won every single time and finally his friends gave up and left. We chanted "Tool Time!" the whole way in and out of the building! It was so much fun! I loved this trip because it was the first time I was able to really spend time with my new sister in law Colbi! We were like two peas in a pod! I love how good she is at teasing Ryan!
I hiked the "Y" about 4 times this summer. A few times with my mom and sister Kim and this picture is with the Relief Society! I love hiking the "Y!" Sad to say this summer was my first time in all my years of living in Provo.
All of us best friends took a road trip to St. George and Vegas! Here we are cooking dinner in the pitch black. Obviously you can't tell it's dark but the power went out for about 45 minutes so we cooked dinner using flash lights and just the gas stove! Thanks mama and papa Norton for letting us stay in your beautiful home! This trip is definitely a new tradition!
Eating at Benihana's in Vegas for Stef's Birthday! After we ditched the spouses/boyfriends and went clubbing for about 1 hour and laughed hysterically at the way all of us Mormom girls were dressed compared to the awesome clubbing girls of Vegas! Let's just stay we stood out and we loved it! My best memory of the club was the 80 year old man that looked like a wizard dressed in his silky blouse and snake skin hat following us around the whole time. He is truly missed!
We may have found some mustaches to purchase at the outlets.
One of my best friends Lauren got married! Loved her wedding! She looked beautiful as always and I am so happy for her and Whitney!
Baby Olivia was born! She is ADORABLE! I love her so much and can't wait to see her in a couple days!
One of my favorite cousins Annika moved up to Utah from Arizona for school!! I love having her in Utah! She is someone that always has a smile on her face and I look up to her for always being kind. Love you!
This is the only picture I could put up that wouldn't make me cry. We had to put our dog Abby down this summer. She was very old and sick so it was for the best! But that is not to say it made it any easier! We miss her all the time. Our house feels empty without her. You can call us weird but we had a family memorial to remember her! We told funny stories about her and threw her favorite balls into her favorite spot of the river! We'll miss you Abby!
Going through these pictures is making me a pregnant emotional wreck! Ryan's Grandpa Baker passed away two days before Ryan left for Italy. It would be an understatement to tell you that he is one of Ryan's favorite men. He looked up to him, admired his hard work and treasured his friendship. His Grandpa was without a doubt Ryan's #1 fan. Not only did Ryan love him, I LOVED him. He made me feel like a million bucks every time I was around him. He would never fail to make us laugh! He was sick for years but would do everything in his power to make it to every UVU game or event. It was an amazing blessing to be able to spend so much time with him before he passed. It would have devastated Ryan to not be able to say goodbye to someone he cares for so much. He will truly be missed but we know we will see him again. Can't wait for him to meet the baby some day! Luckily we still have Grandma Baker who we treasure also!
I had to document this night. The night before I left to Italy a bunch of my girlfriends got together and we played night games! My whole family got involved and we played a very intense few games of steal the shoe! We laughed until we cried and almost lost our peach cobbler from running so much! I love my friends and family!
Saying bye to my little buddy Benton at the airport. Let's just say this was seconds before my meltdown. I love him to pieces but it is so fun being able to skype him every single day and watch him change! I love my nieces and nephews so much and am very excited to bring an addition to the family soon!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Happy birthday Jess! You are so darling and I love reading your blog. Hope you have a great day! And I don't know if you're coming to Utah for Christmas, but if you are I seriously would love to see you!

Unknown said...

Meltdowns at the airport are one thing I dont care to remember. Lets just say from now on no one from my family especially my mom should ever drop us off at the airport again :)
Looks like a great and fun summer. I love it when you update your blog. I hope you had a good weekend. Love you

Stefanie Bell said...

hahahaha!! I am DYING at the picture of us in st geezy. what the h am I doing, and why do I look so homeless??? Of course the power goes out on us, while we are trying to cook dinner!! That was such a classic night!! Loved this entire post! So cute!

Kim said...

I loved this post! Playing night games was so much fun and I miss Abby! We can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...