Monday, November 29, 2010

We call them Anzianos

We love the Elders! This is Anziano Gallacher and Anziano Hill. They are currently serving in Treviso and we love having them! We've had them over for dinner and brunch! Both times I let them make the requests. First time they chose my mom's amazing recipe for Chicken Pot Pie! Then for brunch they requested German Pancakes and Surprise Muffins. Ryan was whispering in their ears for the brunch request because his mom's recipe of German Pancakes with buttermilk syrup is also among our favorites! We've also met up with them for gelato, they've taught us Italian lessons and they help Ryan out when he can't make it to church by coming to us. What a blessing to have Elders in the area.
Also meet Danielle! I love this girl! She is here working as a nanny from London. I am so sad to say that she leaves us in 2 weeks. She is a convert to the church and is the sweetest thing you've ever met. I'll miss her very much! At church she is the only member that I can speak English with! Don't leave Danielle!

3 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

So we only live in Salt Lake not all that out there, but getting out of Utah County made me even realize there are missionaries actually here. We have them over time to time and it really is amazing all that they do. Makes me appreciate my husband even more.

I can only imagine how it is to have the missionaries over out there. That is really cool you guys get to do that. They have got to be thankful for that as well.

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Oh aren't the missionaries the BEST?! They have been our favorite out here. I'm so glad that you guys are able to have their spirits in your home too. It's honestly such a blessing! Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your baby boy!! We are so excited for you guys! I have no nieces as an aunt so I'm a big fan of baby boys. What a perfect Thanksgiving Gift!

Last thing, I guess I'm really behind on reading your blog but I read your post on your thyroid and I totally had the SAME thing happen to me about 5 years ago. I've been on a thyroid medication since then and it's been totally great. But it was totally awful when I realized my hair was falling out too! I also would get crazy hot but that's gone away also. As long as you stay up on getting your blood checked every 6 months to a year so you make sure you're getting the right thyroid med dosage you'll be fine from here on out! Any family doctor can run the tests and prescribe meds for you :) I'm sure you've figured it all out by now but just so you know, you're not alone!

Michelle and Brady said...

How fun!!! We love having the missionaries over! jess you look beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...