Saturday, February 26, 2011

The art of pizza...

One of our Branch members named Salvatore owns a PIZZERIA!! How fun is that? He is the funnest and nicest man. A couple of weeks ago he invited us to come to his pizzeria so he could teach me how to make an Italian pizza with the true Italian techniques. I underestimated the work they put into these pizzas. It's HARD! You have to hold your hands a certain way, apply the perfect amount of pressure, work from the inside of the dough towards the outer edge and throughout all of this try not to put holes in the delicate dough. It was amazing to watch him go through this 1,662 step process (maybe a little exaggeration) in about 3 minutes and it took me at least 15 minutes even with his help. I had holes all over the place along with something that was not even close to being round. BUT one thing I was very good at was throwing the pizza! I'm a master! Didn't even drop it once. Got it to spin and everything. Salvatore made me a perfect round and beautiful piece of dough and the only thing that went wrong is I got 1 hole!
Salvatore working his magic...
Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is!
Salvatore and his son work together at his pizzeria. They are so cute together! Salvatore made about 12 pizzas and we headed over to another Branch members house where we had a fun little party! It was great! Such a fun experience.
Enjoying our massive pizza!
Buon Appetite!!

4 comments:

Karly said...

OK, I am super super super jealous!!! What an experience! You are so positive about your time in Europe, I am sure it must be hard at times, but you never let it show! Good for you! I need a little more of that in my life!

Megan Marie said...

ohhh that is so fun! and you did a great job! you'll have to teach me how! and i love that apple co worker story! best ever!

kim huish said...

Nice work! I expect you to make me one when you get home.

cheri said...

I am SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED! Just remember that Uncle Gregg and Aunt Janette have a Pizza oven so we will be expecting to see some skills this summer at the beach!...AND our next door neighbors are putting in a Pizza oven in a few weeks!!! I can't wait for the lessons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...