Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Start of the 3rd...

Sorry folks!! I've decided my blog is incredibly boring to read unless you're my mom. The only thing I have to post about is things about my pregnancy which is very exciting to me but maybe not to the rest of you! Life is pretty much a repeat every single day! We wake up, eat breakfast, Ryan goes to practice and I go walking then we eat lunch, clean and hang out until the next practice! Of course there are some random things worked in there like games, the grocery store, a small walk together through the center or maybe an occasional night out with team mates! As you see it's pretty much the same thing day after day! So, next time I have something new to post my title will be "You might actually want to look at this!" Until then, enjoy more belly pictures.

28 weeks/beginning of the 3rd trimester today and everything is going great!
This is now the view I get when I look down. Most of the time it is lopsided to the right because our little guy tends to "Let his shoulda lean!" For my friends you'll know what song I'm singing...

Here is a great story to make you get a good little laugh!
Ryan was driving one of his team mates to practice the other day. Ryan listens to Hip Hop on his way to and from practice and his team mate loves his music. Ryan had the song "Let's Make a Toast" playing when his team mate became incredibly confused. If you don't know this song, youtube "Let's Make a Toast" by Dolla and you just need to hear the chorus so that you actually understand this story! His team mate looks at Ryan (he is Italian but speaks fluent English) and says "Ryan, I don't understand this song. It makes no sense to me. I like the beat, he sounds very cool but then he is saying "Let's make some toast!" Why would he say this? Does he mean let's make some toast with formaggio and pomodoro? I don't get it!" Ryan couldn't hold it in! He burst out laughing not at his team mate but realized that if you don't understand how in America we say "Let's make a toast" to good luck etc. this would be confusing. Why would a guy be singing about making a piece of toast? He explained it to him and said it's the exact same thing as raising your glass and saying "cheers!" like they do here but we sometimes say "Let's make a toast!" His team mate finally understood the meaning and no longer was confused but now they always say to each other "Let's make some toast!"
I love the confusion language barriers can cause!

8 comments:

Betsy said...

you are the cutest. serrrrriously. can't wait to see that little babe!

cheri said...

a badonk in the front and the back!

Megan Marie said...

ohhh so cute!!!

sherrie said...

cute story and cute belly. check out Angie's blog (angelabrian.blogspot.com) - she posted a funny pregnancy picture of herself and since you are due the same time you may enjoy it. miss you guys.

Jonathan and Kiri said...

That is such a funny story! I know exactly how awkward moments like that can be until you both realize how funny it is! you look amazing pregnant! Seriously, you look fabulous! And I love the "your view" pic, so fun!

Unknown said...

Yes I love a good pregnant belly and yours is so darn adorable. I love when they go lopsided lol it's the best!!

Kayla R. said...

HA HA HA!!! LOVE IT. Your belly is so dang cute!!! I cant wait to be in the 3rd timester... so soon!!! I am in my 27 week:) WOO WOO LUV ya Jess I think your blog is darling and I totally feel the same way with mine!!! MOMMY FUN!

Brooke and Mike said...

Jess, I feel the same way about my blog. It is very exciting for us though, right?! I'm so happy for you guys. Tell Ryan and baby boy hi from the Neilsons : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...