Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's and 30 weeks

I love Valentine's Day!
I think it might be one of my favorite holidays even though ours this year was pretty low key! We both agreed to no gifts- well sort of. Ryan wanted sunglasses which he got in Austria and also everyday when he buys something on ebay I say "Happy Valentine's!" or now it has changed to "Happy Birthday!" As for me I told Ryan that I didn't want anything here and I want to go shopping when I get home in the summer after being prego! So as for the celebrating it went a little like this...
In the morning I attempted to make pink heart shaped pancakes that in my head would be a lot cuter! Of course it didn't cross my mind that when they get a little golden they aren't so "pink!" AND have you ever tried to make a heart shaped pancake? Not so easy! It's the thought that counts right? Ryan wanted pancakes, eggs, sausage and orange juice! So that's what the big guy gets!
When I was making breakfast Ryan mysteriously disappeared. When he finally returned I noticed that a card had been set on the table. I about died!! Look at how he sealed the envelope...a "T" wax seal! haha Ryan randomly bought this monogram wax seal in Venice and it has sat in the box ever since. Well, Valentine's it was put to use. He said it took him a lot of practice to get the wax to drop in the right spot. What a cutie...he still wasn't satisfied with the product on the actual envelope. I told him he'll have to start writing letters home and get some more practice. Don't be surprised if you get a random piece of mail with a wax seal. Chances are there won't be anything inside the envelope. It will have just been practice for his sealing skills.
After breakfast we went on a little walk just to get out of the house and enjoy some sunshine. Later Ryan had practice so I went shopping for dinner. We had steaks, garlic mashed potatoes, green salad and brownies for dessert! Not going to lie...it was good! I've decided I like eating home on Valentine's WAY more then fighting the crowds and being forced to a set menu that is triple the regular price. I'm always up for eating out but this was just relaxing and still delicious! While Ryan was at practice I put hot pink post-it notes in a huge heart shape and wrote things I love or think about Ryan on each post-it. I think he enjoyed it...especially because I wrote things like "I think you're super cool!" I can't stand to write 60 super cheesy things. Sorry for all you sappy people out there. I let you down! But Ryan knows I love him!
A side note on dinner. As I was cooking before Ryan got home I was skyping my sister Kim. The computer was sitting on the table and I was talking to her with my back to her as I cooked over the stove. I was heating the pan for the steaks when all of a sudden a paper towel lit on fire! I was screaming and not knowing what to do! Yes, I'm the genius with a paper towel RIGHT by the stove. I quickly grabbed it and was trying to blow it out. Another genius move. That makes bigger flames! Then it finally crossed my mind to throw it in the sink and put water on it. Glad that was my third idea. Hopefully next time it will be my first. Let's just say my sister Kim about had a heart attack watching the whole thing through a computer screen. Gave us a good laugh AFTER my house didn't burn down!

I am now 30 weeks!
This week I got my babycenter email and kind of had a little panic attack! This baby is really coming! Obviously it has seemed real ever since we found out it was a boy to next feeling him move etc. But now we are on the major countdown and we will have a sweet little baby here before we know it! I have body parts stick out of my belly and I can tell he has a little less room to move around in there. He loves to stick his knees and feet straight out and push all the way up in to my ribs or almost push his way through my belly button. Makes for an interesting night of trying to sleep! I still love, love, love being pregnant but am now experiencing some of the beautiful things that come along with it. My feet get fat after a full day, my clothes are getting tighter and tighter along with some gorgeous marks that have joined my hips! I still have 10 weeks left! WHAT! I find myself getting sad sometimes about these things and then I am quickly reminded that I have been blessed with the amazing opportunity to become a mom! I remind myself that my body is going through these "interesting" changes so that a healthy, precious little baby can join our family and this world. I don't know why I am going off on this tangent. It has just been on my mind a lot lately! I think it's because I see these pregnant celebrities walking the red carpet at the Grammy's and wonder how they're further along then me and more then half my size. That's when I remind myself I'm a real girl NOT a celebrity! Really all it comes down to is being grateful I am blessed with a healthy pregnancy this far. I truly am enjoying these new experiences of pregnancy and look forward to the many experiences still to come when he is born. Long story short is I love being pregnant even with the unpleasant things it does to my body! Maybe there is someone out there that is supposed to read this?
Well, I think this ends a way too long post. Sorry to those of you that fell asleep and are now drooling on your keyboards!
I hope you had a marvelous Valentine's Day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was supposed to read this:) With two weeks left, I have been in tears and whining about how sore my body is. Thank you for making me remember the good:) I have feelings of anxious/excited/scared out of my mind/tired and stressed...but I need to remember HOW WORTH IT this will all be:) Thanks woman for the gentle reminder!
I can't wait for you to come home this summer and our little cousins can play together:) We miss you!!! Love ya!

Rachel Angela Clark said...

Jess, I just love reading your blog. You're always so happy and positive, it's seriously an inspiration to me! Despite being alone in Italy and pregnant, you always have fun things to say and write about. You're so amazing! :)

Lindsey S. said...

I was just having this conversation with one of my sister-in-laws. She is having a baby and was feeling the same exact way. having a hard time with body changes. I was just telling her how every girl has a hard time with it, then every girl is hard on themselves for it and feels guilty for feeling that way and just tries to remember how really amazing it is. Even though I'm not pregnant I find myself still having a hard time with the body changes. It comes and goes but I think the important thing to remember is that it's normal to feel bad. I just have to remember to just feel bad for one moment then get over it and move on. I am just thankful for 2 healthy kids.

P.S. So I had Matthew at 31 weeks. Is that so weird to think?! I was so huge that the nurses at the hospital were shocked I wasn't full term. They didn't say it but I could see it on there faces. You sure your 31 weeks?? YES!! ha Ha. A whale I tell ya! A whale that only had a 3 lb 12 oz baby.

You look adorable!! You are going to be a good mama! Sorry I went off forever!

Lindsey S. said...

hahaha I am laughing at how long that comment is. SORRY!

Michelle and Brady said...

I love the cute pancakes! you look absolutely darling! You are getting so close!!! yeah!!

Unknown said...

You are so cute. I love this post. You look great sis, and I'm so excited to meet my newest nephew. I'm also glad your house didn't burn down and that I was there to yell, 'Throw it in the sink!" and scream.

Cason and Marie said...

hahahaahaha I love the fire story. I can picture it now!

You look sooo good! I can't wait to see pictures of the little mister. HE will be oh so very handsome.

sherrie said...

We'd love an empty envelope sealed by Ryan...we haven't heard boo from you guys in ages!! You look perfect and beautiful by the way.

Jonathan and Kiri said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! That's hilarious about the paper towel fire though. I'm sorry, but I can only imagine what that was like for your sister on the other end! Mine would've DIED if that'd been me! Glad you guys found a way to keep things under control...sort of! haha

Jonathan and I love that "T" seal. We're heading to Venice in March and wanna know where you got it - that's seriously the coolest!

You look amazing by the way! Seriously, I'm not just saying. You look so healthy and exactly like you should for a 30 week prego mama! It kinda helps when you have a beautiful face and awesome smile on top of the pregnancy though!

Ashley Hardison said...

Jess, I just love this because the panic does set in and you realize there will soon be a tiny person in your family! Exciting yes! but also very scary! You will be a great mother! I miss you and think about you two so often, can't wait to see your little guy when you come back to the states. Good luck with the move that is really exciting and crazy, and if I were you I would totally blame all emotions on being in your 3rd trimester. You can't get away with that excuse all the time, might as well use it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...