Sunday, November 20, 2011

Grateful

Happy Thanksgiving week!

I am grateful for...
A wonderful, loving husband that is kind to me always and loves me just the way I am
A sweet baby that has changed my life forever and is teaching me to love like I have never loved before
Supportive family members that are constantly making sure we know they love us and care for us from thousands of miles away
Parents that care about our lives and are always checking in to see if there is anything we need
Siblings that are always there for me and never too busy to talk 
Friends that treat me the same when I come home and the amazing friend I have that talks to me at least 3 times a week on the phone
The gospel that is with us no matter where in the world we live and the blessings it brings into our lives
The opportunity I have to live in beautiful, interesting and at times chaotic countries
Food. I love food
Prayer
I truly am grateful for trials that remind me to rely on our Heavenly Father
Skype that saves me day after day and makes the time away a little bit easier
My body and health. I feel like I finally appreciate how incredible our bodies are
Ryan's body and health along with the opportunity he has to work in an industry that he is so passionate about
Grateful that Ryan has a job at a time when many overseas players have been replaced by NBA players (NBA lockout)
Asher's health (when you live in a Foreign country it feels like your world is coming to an end the second your baby coughs)
The opportunity to attend church even if there are six people
Kind people that smile at me in a culture where it's abnormal to make eye contact. This is random I know but I need interaction and I love to smile
The opportunity I have to live this life even though it is very difficult at times (holiday season) and the incredible adventures that come our way year after year
A dryer! Usually you have to hang dry your clothes but luckily the team bought us a brand new dryer
Another year of challenges that help us grow, successes that makes us grateful and for blessings that don't go unnoticed.





Enjoy your Thanksgiving festivities and time with family and friends! 

5 comments:

Amy and Mark said...

this is so sweet. And I LOVE ASHER'S OUTFIT! ahh! he's so adorable. You look amazing. I bet that is tough living so far away during the holidays. Hang in there!! And keep posting cute pictures of your little man!

Megan Marie said...

What a refreshing post! I may copy you! I considering flying there right now just to get one hug from Asher. He IS the most sweetest Cutest stylish babe boy around. Oh these pics are adorable and I love Ryan tossing him! Mss you like crazy. Is your fam visiting you forthanksgiving? Xo

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

I feel you on that one. When we were in Luxembourg that was the one holiday that we spent away from family. It definitely wasn't so enjoyable. Now, instead of not having our families around, I just don't get Jordan for Thanksgiving. He's left for roadtrips Thanksgiving Day the last 3 years. At least you have Ryan. Well it's part of the job huh?

Kim said...

I tried to post a comment days ago but couldn't get it to work...Reading this made me all teary eyed! I love getting to skype with you every day! So grateful for you sis!

Ellery Pugmire said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. You have a beautiful family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...