Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Monday morning

Monday morning Asher decided to wake up and stay up at 7.  By 8am Ryan was also awake.  Usually our mornings are pretty low key until Asher takes his nap and Ryan heads out the door for his first practice.  Monday was different.  Ryan woke up with the genius idea of heading to McDonald's for breakfast. YUM!  There are a ton of McDonald's in our area but only one location serves breakfast. AND it's the only location that has sausage.  The reason for that is because here in Turkey any sort of pig is almost impossible to come by.  In the muslim religion they don't eat any pork.  That's why we ran so quickly at the idea of going! We got on our sweats, threw on coats, we didn't brush our hair but we did brush our teeth! We looked pretty sketchy to say the least.  Actually, I looked pretty sketchy.
 Asher ready for his first trip to McDonald's!
 Loading into the car
 Asher with the one happy face he gave me the whole drive.  He hates his car seat.
 (this is for Kim to get an idea of what our streets look like)
 Then we were there 10 minutes later.  The crazy streets of Karsiyaka at 8:30am
 We were the first customers of the morning. We arrived just as the doors open.  
 Our delicious Sausage and Egg McMuffins. YUM YUM!


 Trust me, I know I look horrible but I'm not ashamed.  It was well worth looking awful for. I'm also not afraid to admit I look like this more often then not! I'm loving the fluffy hair on the side.  That's taken me years of practice to perfect.
 This is a very ordinary sight to see in Turkey.  Incredibly fresh produce just driving down the street.  The merchant will pick a random street corner to sell his fruits/veggies right out of his truck. I love it!
 The damage was done. It tasted even better then we hoped.
Heading back home...tummies full!

2 comments:

Cummards said...

Do they serve the fish sandwich in the happy meals too?! There were a ton of Muslims in France too, so the McDonalds had a few different fish sandwiches. Pretty sure as a kid I would have never chose that in my happy meal! I asked Lee what they ate for breakfast on the road...a beef bowl with rice. Wait, that was lunch and dinner too!

Isn't it funny the things you get so excited for while you are away!? Asher is seriously so cute, and I love his little bald head!

Kim said...

I loved getting to see the streets! And girl, you know I have you beat on the bed head. Seeing this is making me crave an egg mcmuffin...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...