Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just because...

I have noticed that my posts have a lot of pictures.  Actually, a lot of pictures of Asher.  I just can't help myself! He is into so many things and cracks me up all day long.  I wanted to share! Also, what better way to document his changes then to blog about him. After all, this is our journal!
 Ryan likes to eat a snickers bar before bed.  This one had been a little bit melted which left a wonderful surprise for Asher.  Melted caramel and chocolate on the inside of the wrapper!  Let's just say that he licked the wrapper perfectly clean and maybe enjoyed it a little too much.  When I finally took the wrapper away he started to cry.  That was the first time he has ever gotten mad at something being taken away from him. uh oh! This baby knows what is good for him!
 Now that Asher is army crawling he gets himself into a lot of things. We like to call him our "wounded soldier" because he always leaves one leg dragging behind quite lifeless. He lifts himself up and over anything.  Lately his favorite is our electronics.  DVD player, speakers, Satellite box and chords. I finally just unplugged everything and let him have at it! Now he probably won't be as into since I've stopped paying so much attention to him when he goes over there. 
 We've made some new friends! Another American couple with a 15 month old little girl.  It has been great to make some new friends and I'm not complaining about the toys Asher has been able to borrow.  They are letting Asher borrow Adi's walker and he is obsessed! He doesn't even mind that it's pink with  butterflies and flowers all over.  He gets around so quick!  He slides passed the doorways when he gets going and then scoots his little legs in reverse to turn the corner.  He gets really excited and makes screeching noises when he gets cruisin' too fast.
Ryan has a teammate that has a dog named "Turk." Asher loves him.  I feel like they both know they're babies and so they have an instant connection.  Asher loves to pet him and have Turk lick his fingers. 

 Moms out there! Have you seen these things? They are the BEST! My mother in law bought Asher these little gadgets.  You stick food in them (apples, pears, carrots etc.) and then the baby can sink their teeth into it and suck and gnaw to their hearts content.  It keeps Asher busy for a good half hour.  He is loving them just as much as me. Amazing for a teething baby!
 Asher has discovered his tongue.  
Have you heard of the mini show "Small Potatoes?"  It's our favorite! My sister Kim introduced us to these little episodes and they are perfect! They're 4 or 5 minutes and Asher loves every second! Check them out! They are adorable! We just watch them on YouTube.

4 comments:

Kade and Brittany Wadsworth said...

Jess, I know we don't each other super well...but I just wanted to tell you how cute your little Asher is! Love your blog posts and your exciting life!

Amy and Mark said...

I love your mommy advice! I need it!! He's adorable Jess. I can't wait for my little guy to get here. So fun.

Brooke and Mike said...

Love this post...thanks for the pointers on that teething toy and the cute show. We will try it out!

sherrie said...

Oh gosh he's cute!! Miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...