Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas in España

This Christmas we were lucky enough to have my parents here to visit. We flew to Madrid and met them there so that we could see one of Ryan's games and spend Christmas day in Madrid!  It was absolute perfection.  We stayed at the Plaza, ate amazing food with lots of chocolate and churros involved, visited every Plaza you can think of, Ryan's team got a victory and Christmas night we were able to visit the Madrid temple with President and Sister Jackson.  I kept on feeling like I was on Home Alone while we were staying at the Plaza.  I think I said that to Ryan 600 times in three days.






Asher was thrilled to open his Christmas jammies from mimi and papa mike!

My mom came loaded with treats from home. They all HIT THE SPOT!

Ryan surprised me with diamond earrings! I have not removed them even one time since I put them on. (I know I look awesome in this picture.)



For Christmas we got my parents gifts that are special to the Canary Islands.  We got my mom a spice blender and wooden spoons hand carved out of wood straight from the banana plantations.  They are beautiful.  We bought my dad a canarian knife which is a very special item to the men on the islands. They are passed from generation to generation and hold a lot of family history.  
Asher absolutely loved having his gammie and bumpa at our house.  He did not stop yelling for bumpa the whole time he was here and even for days after they left.  He calls gammie "ma!" and is obsessed with playing hide and go seek but telling her where she has to hide.  

Are they not just the cutest?

We took them to all of our favorite restaurants and Ryan's team got another win while they were here! Talk about bringing the luck!  We played 99 and five crowns 100 times and brought in the new year with a bang!  We went to Palmitos Park to watch the exotic birds and  birds of prey shows, walked to the park, went to the market and visited the beaches down south.  We were so lucky to have these two party animals visit us! 
Vengan otra ves madre y padre!

2 comments:

cheri said...

Yay! she's back! love all the pictures. Can't wait to see you in March!!!

Cummards said...

How did I miss these?! So cute! That pic of all you guys in one bed in your robes has me cracking up! I hope you all slept just like that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...