Thursday, November 19, 2009

I can tell you one thing. If you were to spend one day in Turkey I can promise you would see a few things that you have NEVER seen before. I have been here for over 2 months and I am still seeing new things everyday. The other day I was driving down the street and what did I see? A HUGE CAMEL! It was all dressed in bright colored costumes and of course I wondered what it was for? Well...you'll never guess! The one and only "Camel Wrestling!" I was amazed. The things you'll see here in Turkey! Supposedly a camel can sell for 1 million dollars. I don't know if that is completely true but at least that gives you an idea of how much they love their camels! A camel takes priority over the owners children. I hear that if it comes between a camel and and the owner needing medicine the camel wins. I want to see camel wrestling in action someday!
I thought I would do a quick post of what I usually come home with from the Bizarre. In this picture I have dried apricots, clementines, apples, bananas, grapefruit, pears, almonds, black simple gloves, 2 huge pens for my niece and nephew and 3 pairs of ankle socks. Want to know how much this all cost me? 25 Turkish Lira. Want me to convert it for you? A little over $16 U.S. Dollars for all of this! The Bizarre is a wonderful thing and I am definitely a fan! I usually get the most amazing fresh pita but Ryan is out of town and it is too much to eat on my own. Jess + Cheap and amazingly fresh produce = love

2 comments:

kim huish said...

I love this post! I love seeing and hearing about everything in the Land of Camels. I wish we had a bazaar here in vegas! Keep up the good work.

Sam and Sadie said...

NO PITA! You are crazy girl! You really should go watch camel wrestling! I wish we had gone to see camel wrestling instead of the leather factory....well, maybe not!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...