Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bittersweet

So this post may be more for me to keep memories. As our time winds down here in Turkey I am beginning to have mixed emotions. This has been an incredible experience- the time has flown by and I want to make sure to remember our time here forever. This is Ryan's first year playing overseas and we hope that there will be many more years to come which makes me think that the years may start to jumble together. I never want to forget about our first year here in Turkey. Although I am having mixed feelings about leaving, it doesn't mean that I am not SO excited to get back home. There comes a time when you can't stop thinking about how much you miss family and friends. I have made so many great friends here in Turkey that I know I most likely will never see again. The people have been so welcoming and kind. There are so many women that have taken on the role of being my "mother in Turkey" or sweet friends that I have made at the gym. I am going to list some random memories for myself so that I can look back at this and always remember.
Remember these RANDOM things...
-When mom and Danielle brought you here to Turkey you never thought 9 months would pass.
-The water was delivered to us in big bottles
-The Vanilla, Baking Soda and Baking Powder are in individual packets
-Danielle "found" you a yellow spatula! (inside joke)
-You had to hang dry your clothes- which you ended up loving better then a dryer.
-All the fun games and the amazing Karsiyaka fans!
-Teaching spinning classes at Sports International
-Your favorite wrap place "Saray Donerci Kebapci"
-When Mom, dad, Cody and Alycia came at Christmas! Ephesus, Antalya and Istanbul
-Doing Humanitarian work with the missionaries
-When you almost threw up eating really strong cheese and had to choke it down cause the lady was watching you eat her food
-When you were able to help give people new wheelchairs
-Remember your friends Emily, Deniz, Bengu, Beliz, Elif (both of them), Pinar, Jerina, Pinar, Hasan, Hanife, Damla and Gonga.
-When the Toolson's came! Pamukkale, rug shopping and wraps everyday!
-The sweet members of the Branch and how much they have influenced you. Don't forget how much they have helped you realize what is important in life and how much you can influence others if you're looking for opportunities to serve.
-The sweet flower lady on the way to the gym. We have never been able to even speak to each other because of the language barrier but she gives you a hug every single day!
-The funny guys that work at the Snack shop and always learn new English words to say to you
-All the American teammate parties. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Ryan's Birthday and Jerina made us all empanadas
-When Ryan had to run home and back to the grocery store in 5 seconds cause we didn't have enough cash!
-Buying Delhi! Our cute little silver dollar turtle
-Going to the bazarre every Wednesday!
-Taking the ferry across the water to Alsincak
These are just a few of the many memories or things I want to remember! I know that Ryan and I have learned so much living here in Turkey. I would not have traded these last 9 moths for anything. I know that Heavenly Father wanted us here and that we have definitely been in the right place. Both of our testimonies have been strengthened through the Missionary work we have been able to do and seeing the growth of so many sweet people. I am so proud of Ryan being a great example of Living the Gospel even in a tough industry of work. I will miss you Turkey! Thanks for being such a great 1st year overseas! You will always have a special little place in our hearts!




11 comments:

cheri said...

Could you bring one of those wraps home for me? I have been craving one or about 2 months now!

Lindsey S. said...

Those nine months did go fast. Will you guys go back there next year?

Betsy said...

oh this was so fun to read! but i'm very excited for you guys to come back :] xoxo

Sam and Sadie said...

What an awesome time you have had! I will volunteer to take you over every time! I don't know if I will "find" you a yellow spatula again though! I have missed you terribly and can't wait to hang out with you in Hawaii!

vdT said...

will Ryan be next season in KSK?

Kim said...

I will miss Turkey for you too! I'll miss hearing about all of the sweet people you meet but....I can't wait to hang out with you again!

Annie said...

oh, you made me cry a little bit. enjoy your last little while!

nonstop said...

It looks like a farewel letter. I wish you could stay forever but there is nothing to do...probably he will sign a fat contract with another team for next season.

star1britty said...

Your vacations sound amazing!!!!! It must be awesome to be a Campbell!!!! And to travel everywhere!!!! Have an awesome time in Hawaii Campbells!!!!

Brooke and Mike said...

I love this post! Thank you for sharing your fun memories and experiences. Keep us posted as to where you will be.

LP & TP said...

HeY lAdy!!
Aww, BITTERSWEET is right!! I'm so excited for you to go home tho! How long will it be till you husby goes home? I leave in 20 days and Trent will be back at the end of MAY. I'm so happy you guys enjoyed your FIRST YEAR!! THEY say the 1st year is the HARDEST...soo imagine the years to come! You guys will be PRO's!! :) We have to meet up this summer!!! AMERICAN Shopping-for sure!!
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...