Friday, April 2, 2010

Can we figure out a way?

So I am really wishing at the moment that we could figure out a way be two places at once. I am so happy here in Turkey and seriously there is nothing to complain about BUT I wish I could also be in St. George, UT with my family to celebrate Easter. I have decided Holidays aren't quite the same when the country you're in doesn't even celebrate the same Holidays you do! There are no Cadbury eggs, plastic eggs for Easter Egg Hunts, kits to dye eggs, Easter outfits to buy and the Easter bunny definitely doesn't come all the way to Turkey. More then anything I just miss hanging out with family on Holidays and missing out on random traditions like always making everyone wear random homemade hats or costumes with my sister Kim. I miss my sister Danielle always coming up with the most creative crafts or yummy festive treats or my mom and dad always surprising us with fun festive surprises like the BEST Easter Egg hunts! I will be home in about a month and off we go to HAWAII! Like I said before...there is nothing to complain about. Ryan said he will dye eggs with me and he will set up an easter egg hunt for me! I am just missing all the family that I am used to spending Holidays with.


Just a few pics of some of the people I will be missing on Easter! Love you family!

4 comments:

kim huish said...

OH and we will miss you too sister! It just won't be the same...at all. Sadie and I will definitely need your help making bunny ears. We'll have to do it again in Hawaii. I love you!!!

p.s. And who says the Easter bunny doesn't go all the way to Turkey??

Kayla R. said...

I am sorry that really does sound hard being away for holidays BUT hey Hawaii...how FUN!!! cute pics Jess

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Isn't it a bummer? I totally know how you feel! How fun that you guys will be home in a month. We will have to get together for sure!! But...Hawaii sounds like it'll be a blast!

LP & TP said...

OH I LOVE YOUR IDEA! I miss the USA for Easter. :( :( It's just not the same! YOUR BOG iS SO CUTE! I am the worst blogger..Seriously! I TOOO CAn't wait to hang out with you this summer! LUNCH/Swimming/boating/movies/Dinner!!! HAWAII THOUGH? WOW! How fun. You def. need a vacay after this hard/fun/interesting basketball EUROPEAN season huh? Are you two just going or you going w/ your fams??
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...