Monday, April 5, 2010

EaStEr

Easter was a fun filled day! We started off the day by decorating some sugar cookies to take to church. Ryan was so patient and articulate with decorating the butterflies. You will see below. Then we went to church and had some yummy treats to celebrate!
Doesn't he look so handsome?

The sugar cookies we decorated! Ryan did the butterflies. Awesome huh?
It was so cute and funny! It was a bunch of the new members first time celebrating Easter because they all were previously muslim. They looked up on the internet traditions of Easter. They saw tons of pictures of dyed eggs but they had no idea how it was done. They took eggs without boiling them and painted them with fingernail polish! I thought it was so creative and they turned out so cute!

The Branch members with a bunch of investigators! Growing quickly! The sweetest people you would ever meet.

After church Ryan and I took a fabulous afternoon nap then began more festivities! I made a yummy quiche and carrot cake so we ate and ate til our tummies hurt. Then we dyed eggs!





Ryan's egg on the far left began as me then he turned it into a kid that ate too many "peeps." In other words the egg wasn't turning out like he had planned. I had forgotten how much fun it is to dye eggs! I think we should do it year round.
I hope you all enjoyed your Easter and ate a bunch of American Candy for me!

8 comments:

Julianne said...

cute pictures!! i think its so fun that you are over there. and you always seem to make sure you get in a tradition for each holiday-i love it!
and yes, ryan did a great job on the butterflies. :)

Amanda Moore said...

BAHA! I love your eggs/cookies. Now send them to me so I can eat them!! JK, love you and miss you!

Kayla R. said...

Those eggs are darling, you two are sooo cute! p.s. those cookies look delish!

Kim said...

That is so cute about the ward members using finger nail polish! They all look so sweet and it looks like you guys had fun!

vdT said...

KAFSINKAF
"green and red" or "green and pink" hahah :)

Cason and Marie said...

I love the cookies! You guys did a great job. Fun Easter!! Love the nail polish idea! Glad you guys had a good Easter!

Cummards said...

So that picture, is that your entire ward/branch?! I thought ours was tiny! How fun though, because you get to become friends with them, adn they were probably soo happy to have 2 new active members! You are so sweet to take them treats!

So after I talked to you, I told Lee you were going home end of April...and he said he would talk to the guy about changing our flights! So now we'll see if the club is stingy, or nice :)

Lindsay said...

YOU LOOK DARLING!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...