Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Join me?

I am going to take a challenge.  I would love to have some friends join me! 


Since I had Asher I have had a hard time accomplishing anything for myself.  I think it is about time to feel like I am doing something for me! With Asher turning one on May 1st I will be doing my best to complete a goal.


I have a passion for fitness. Before I had Asher I loved working out every opportunity I could.  I loved to run, bike, dance, teach dance, practice pilates and try all sorts of new things.  I don't want to say that having Asher has at all ruined my love for these things but it has definitely made getting back into them harder then I expected.  I gained more weight then I should have during pregnancy (about 50lbs) and then with a rough delivery it took me a lot longer then I hoped to be able to get back into what would even be considered a work out.  I don't have as much time as I did before and being a mommy is definitely exhausting!  I am very lucky and have a gym membership with daycare but it still doesn't change the fact that I want my schedule to revolve around Asher.  I want to be with him and Ryan every chance I can.  I don't want to put Asher in daycare and leave him for three hours so that I can get my "sweat on."  The point that I am trying to make is that for the next two months I am doing a fitness challenge.  I will be starting March 1st to May 1st.  Two months.  That is not hard!  I am going to focus on how the busy girl, whether it be a job, kids or just life, can get the most out of a fast and high intensity workout.  I'll be exercising at least 4 days per week for around one hour. Some days may be less or some days may be a little more. It all depends on how my day is going.  That's the whole point of this challenge.  I am going to be living a real life and incorporate a workout schedule into our life.  I will be trying all sorts of new workouts, taking advice from my fitness friends and doing my best to find a routine that works best for me and my family with our schedule.  I will have some guest posts throughout the two months and I am going to do....PICTURES.  Yes, I am a little nervous about this part.  I am sure many of you will even think I am crazy.  In my mind I think I am possibly crazy also.  The reason for me wanting to post pictures is so that I (we) can see if my schedule/routine is actually working! I will also be posting body measurements.  This all is a little personal but I am willing to embarrass myself.  One thing that I need to explain is that I am not a girl that goes by weight.  I may lose some weight or even gain some weight. I will post my weight to show that weight does not accurately tell how great of shape you are in.  I have had a few times in my life where I really feel like I am in incredible shape.  One time (2 years ago) I weighed 145lbs but I felt incredible and extremely fit. I don't care about my weight.  I care about measurements and strength!


So, what do you think? Are you in?  Let me know if you are going to follow along! Summer pretty much begins May 1st! It will be fun!  I'll be posting a couple of times a week along with new pictures/measurements.  I'll share workouts, things I'm eating, schedules I'm trying and I'll even tell you things that aren't working for me.    
Wish me luck!

12 comments:

Jessica Beaumont said...

i love this! my workouts are far and few between since having Hudson. I can't do videos too often because they bore me to tears- but when i do i love the pure barre dvd. its awesome for the post baby bod.
xo jessi (toolson) beaumont

Jess said...

Jess! I love it! You will do awesome. I am in with a getting rededicated to working out.

Erica Tanner said...

Ready and in. Great for school and busy work life.

Jessica said...

I found your blog a couple of weeks ago and enjoy reading it! I had a baby in September and she'll be 6 months this week, but like you I've had a hard time since giving birth with exercise and losing the baby weight. I started last week training for a half marathon and would love to follow you. I too want to lose the weight by May because not only is it my husband's birthday but we want to go to the beach and not feel like the whale on the beach. lol I'm excited to see what you have in store and see the progress we make!

Mandy Radman said...

Jess, great post! Love your ideas... After I had Wilson I posted my weight on my blog and updated every week until i reached my goal, and although it was slightly embarrassing at times it motivated me more than anything else I tried!!! Good luck! I'll love to follow your tips!

Julie said...

You're awesome! I love this. Very realistic and totally doable. My problem is that I set unrealistic goals and then I get down on myself when I don't accomplish them. This is totally great. I'll join up with ya! I've been doing the Tracy Anderson mat workout and it's kicking my trash.... along with the Dance with Julianne and it's fun. What workouts do you do?

The Pynes said...

jess i love this as well! i agree with you its alot harder than i thought it would be to get back into shape after having babies! but i am excited for you and cant wait to see the results! i am also gonna try to follow ya! love you and miss you girl!

McKell and John said...

I am so NOT in, but I am so impressed by you and your enthusiasm! You already look fabulous and I am so impressed by how much you DO get accomplished every day! So good luck my dear, I will be your most faithful follower!

Carly said...

Love this. We just moved to North Dakota and going to the YMCA every morning has been what is keeping me sane! I always gain weight when I work out consistently, but I feel and look so much better! I'm on board!

Cason and Marie said...

Im in starting May 1st. If I wasn't pregnant I would do it in a heartbeat. But!!!!! I will follow and root for you girl! You can do it! Xoxo

Michelle and Aaron Darais said...

Love this! Already got my measurements, I'm in!

sherrie said...

Wow! I have a lot of posts to catch up on- yea...I'm going to read them all tonight!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...