Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Island that's long

Asher and I made a pit stop in Long Island, NY on our way home to Turkey about a month ago. We stopped to see Tyler, Kim, Benton and baby on the way! I was so excited to get to Long Island so that I could see Kim's house, neighborhood, where she shops and what her life is like.  I loved every second!  
 There was a lot of hugging and Benton saying "Ashow, here toy." Benton was so great with Asher and had a huge basket of toys that he had put together for Asher to play with.  He made sure there were teaspoon measurers and even let Asher put on a pair of his big boy underwear OVER his jammies. True love.
 A lot of Benton saying "I hold Ashow."
 A lot of fun outings to try different foods such as bagels, pretzels, deli sandwiches, pizza, calzones and ice cream all while Asher screams in the car until he finally gives up and falls asleep.  Drives me bonkers that he hates his car seat.  It drove Benton bonkers as well. He would start off really patient and then slowly through out the drive he would say "Asher, no cry!" then later he would start mimicking Asher and yell "ASHER, STOP!" I don't blame you Benton.  It is very exhausting.  But, it was worth dealing with the screaming baby to eat a Pizzailoa calzone. It was hands down the best calzone I have ever had. I lived in Italy people! Now, that's saying something! Are you wondering why I'm doing my two month challenge? My goodness...I like food to much.
 Asher tried a swing out for the first time! I think he thought that was pretty fun! This is the day he turned 9 months old and I've been a slacker and haven't blogged about it yet. But, here's a picture!!
 Quick photo...
 before he takes off.
I love my sister! She's an amazing sister and best friend. Thanks for letting us come visit! We had a great time visiting our New Yorkers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...