Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Seeking help

So this post may sound a little personal to blog about but I am to the point where I will take any suggestions. My hair is falling out. I don't mean a few strands here and there. I know that is normal. I mean falling out in very large handfuls or piles I should say. I take a shower and lose probably about 5 globs of hair in my fingers. I brush my hair and had to clean out the brush 2 times yesterday. I run my fingers through my hair and at least 15 strands of hair come out at a time. It is all over my clothes, couch, bed, floor. It's gross! When I brushed my hair again this morning the brush needed to be cleaned out again. Today I showed Ryan and HE was worried which says a lot because he always tries to keep me calm. I can tell a major difference in my hair to the point where I think I may be bald in about 2 weeks if this keeps up. My hair is really thin and I will be cutting it shorter when I get home so it isn't as noticeable. You think I'm exaggerating. I'M NOT!! I would post pictures of the piles of hair but that is gross. Here is what's going on. The doctors have discovered I am having a problem with my thyroid which only began with the pregnancy. This can be normal and it happens to many people! That is good to know but the medication I have been put on comes with major side effects. I don't want to sound like I am complaining because really I will go bald and wear a wig for this baby. I am so grateful to become a mommy and I'll take all the funny things that happen to your body during pregnancy in order to have this baby! I mean it! Really the reason for this post is to see if any of you can tell me you've been through the same thing? If you found a solution? If there is a doctor at home you recommend I see in a couple weeks? I have great doctors here but it always helps to see multiple people. I am going in tomorrow for more blood tests and am hoping they can figure out if there is another medication that will help the same with the thyroid but also stop with the hair loss and many other side effects. Again I apologize if this is a little out there and TMI for blogging but I'm desperate! Anybody? PLEASE!!?

9 comments:

Stefanie Bell said...

hmmm... I am SORRY!!! The things we go through for these babies! They are oh so worth it though! I dont know what to tell you to do, other than see a doctor when you are here FOR SURE!!! Dont worry at least they have really cute wigs now days! ;)

Unknown said...

I went through a phase of losing hair during my pregnancy. It only seems to last a short while. After so long your hair comes back I promise! Good luck! You are always beautiful no matter what!

Brittany said...

I'm loosing my hair now after the babies! Like you, I can pull clumps and clumps of it out after a shower. I have no solutions, but just wanted you to know that you're not alone!

Brandon and Katie said...

I'm totally losing my hair now. I didn't lose a strand while I was pregnant but now it's been horrible!!! Dang hormones!! I think it's slowly starting to decrease and I'm not losing as much so just hang in there. So gross and disgusting though I know. I've thought about chopping off my hair. You're darling!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Sorry Jess. I don't know what to tell you. I know your hair generally falls out a few months after you have the baby (I'm having that now), but I don't know what to tell you besides see a doctor while you're here. I hope you get it figured out soon! Is Ryan coming home some during Christmas? If so we should get together. I'm excited to find out what your having!! Let us know!

Megan Marie said...

hang in there sweet girl! i know you're still beautiful!!

Mandy Radman said...

Seriously, just be glad you're losing it before your little one arrives! Mine has been falling out horribly for the last month and now Wilson has decided he likes to pull it out as well! I cut off about 4 inches and it does look a bit better now!... Allora, Tutto Bene! Mangiare molto cioccolato!

Staleys.blogspot.com said...

Hey Jess, you don't know me but I've known Toolie for years. Seriously, since he was a little bitty guy. About the hair falling out -- I had the same thing. They said it was the hormones and it did eventually slow down. But, like you said -- everything you have to go through to have a healthy baby is so worth it. Keep eating healthy and resting as much as possible. No stress either. Love to you both. So excited it is a boy. Much love. XOXO

Lindsey S. said...

I'm totally guessing but hormones do wacky things and it's different for everyone. I lost hair after i had my kids but maybe you are just doing it during. Not sure though. I hope you figure it out. The things us women go through!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...