Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday Boy!

Ryan had a Birthday! The big guy is now 26!
We started off the morning with his usual favorite German pancakes and buttermilk syrup. His mom always makes these and he loves them so I attempt to make them just like she does. I wasn't allowed to take pictures of Ryan in the morning right when I woke him up so that's why you just see the pancake. Silly boy! Ryan actually looks normal in the morning. As for me, that's a whole other story. Ryan calls me a lioness. You get the picture.
We celebrated in the morning and then had plans to go out and explore the city and grab lunch but then we quickly realized we had NO HOT WATER! That was interesting. So we waited a couple hours for the team to send an electrician to fix the problem. We had tried but since all the manuals are in Italian that caused a problem. You appreciate hot water so much more even when you have been without it for a couple of hours! Poor Ryan was a good sport in the afternoon. Since our plans for exploring and lunch were ruined it was a pretty boring afternoon! In the early evening we had an appointment to tour one of the Hospitals we are considering for me to deliver. He was a trooper even though that's the last thing he wants to do on his Birthday!
I wanted a picture of him with the cute banner that my sister Kim made us but he refused to do anything normal so this is what I get! It took him a while to get those balloons situated just the way he wanted them. Love the banner Kim! THANK YOU! It was hanging up on the wall but then I quickly realized my tape was deciding to stick to the paint a little too well. OOPS! At night we went to a delicious Brazilian restaurant that was so yummy! I am horrible with taking pictures when we're out and about. But the food was amazing and our tummies were definitely happy after that meal.
(Isn't he cute!?)
To finish off the night we of course had Ryan's favorite FUNFETTI CAKE! I bought a mix on the Air Force Base a few months ago and have kept it hidden until his big day. It's not the same Birthday for Ryan without his funfetti cake. I was just bummed they didn't have the funfetti frosting with the little chips in it. He didn't seem to mind! And yes, the whole 9x13 pan is gone. He loves him some cake!
Happy Birthday Ry guy! Even though it was pretty non-eventful I still hope you had a great day!
I LOVE YOU!

8 comments:

Brooke and Mike said...

We miss you guys! Hope everything is going well. I am so excited that your baby is coming soon : ) Can't wait to see pics

Michelle and Brady said...

Yeah for birthdays! you are a cute wife! Im sure he was so happy! love your little sign!

The Nixon Family said...

You are such a cute wifey! Ry is a lucky boy!!! Good luck with the last few weeks! I'm excited for your mom to come visit then Kell Belle!

kim huish said...

Happy Birthday Ry Guy!

Sam and Sadie said...

Sorry that we didn't get a chance to say Happy Birthday to you on the special day! We love Ryan! Happy Birthday you old man!

Sydney said...

Hi, this is probably beyond creepy cause you don't know me.

I found your blog somehow and decided to follow it because I was jealous of your life in Italy!

My name is Sydney and I live in Cedar City, UT. Anyway, My husband and I are going to be in Italy for a few weeks this summer and I was just wondering if you could give us some advice.

We are trying to travel as cheaply as possible and I was just wondering if you know much about the bus/train systems there? We are flying into Venice and want to get to bologna florence rome and napoli.

Do you know if it would be cheaper/easier to rent a car or use the bus/trains?

If you could email me at sydneyrose_22@yahoo.com I would really appreciate it. But if you are too busy or creeped out I understand haha.

And you don't have to publish this massively long comment.

sherrie said...

Happy birthday! Did you see the little blurb we left you guys on my blog post "madness"? Just saying we can't wai to meet baby etc!! Good luck to you!!!

Xander said...

just a little bit late, sorry...

buon compleanno Ryan! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...