Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sandy Eggo

Every summer we go with the Toolson side to San Diego! We have such a fun time and I look forward to this vacation every year. Not only is it pretty much the only time we get to see everyone but we also fill the week with beach, food, shopping, pedicures, swimming and as always...more food. Just what I like. They sure know how to party! It was fun having Asher along this year! He was able to meet all of the family and he was such an amazing baby on the entire trip. Here is how the week went...
Asher was finally able to meet his Uncle Sean! I think Asher liked him a little bit...he just snuggled right up to him.
Then Aunt Colbi! The cutest pregnant girl I have EVER seen. Asher loved her too. She is going to be such a cute mommy.
Beach time! Asher was great at the beach for the first day. He just slept for about 3 hours on Grandma Toolson. I enjoyed this time by getting tossed around in the water attempting to body surf, went over to watch people jump off the bridge and got a little bit of sun! After the first day Asher enjoyed lounging at the pool better. I don't think he enjoyed the sand that I would find in his chunky legs and eyebrows.
Ryan playing with adorable Livy! She is such a cutie...
Ryan and Johnny were found doing anything to do with snails or something "boyish" all week!
We went paddle boarding! Mckell is such a blast to be around. Love her. We just screamed and laughed the whole time as we were being pushed out of the bay by the current.Liv was so adorable with Asher. In the morning I would hear her in the hallway "Where's baby Ashow. I wanna play baby Ashow!" She would give him kisses and hold him all the time. Such a good cousin!
Here is nanny Mckell. I called Mckell my nanny all week because she was the BIGGEST helper! She would come take Asher from me in the morning and I would go back to sleep, she would constantly hold him and snuggle him all day, change his diapers, loved the smell of his spit up and hung right there with me when I gave him a suppository! Maybe TMI but, oh well. Let's just say by the end of the week Asher was confused on who his mommy was.
Three cousins all born within a month of each other. Small, Medium and Large huh!

Papa Mike took Asher out on a walk a few times and Asher loved it! He loves his Papa Mike!
We took family pictures for this years Christmas card
Pictures of Mimi and Papa Mike with the grandkids.
Yes, Ryan has stitches. Story below
And to top off the week, Mike took us out to celebrate his Birthday at the most amazing restaurant. We went to Jake's! It is easily one of my top 5 favorite meals I've EVER had. I got the surf n' turf and ate every last morsel on my plate. But, don't be fooled into thinking that's all I ate. I enjoyed the most amazing bread, ahi tuna rolls, calamari, a pear and walnut salad and then after all of that a macadamia nut ice cream pie covered in Fudge. Yep, now you understand why I loved everything. I left looking 40 weeks pregnant again but felt great! THANK YOU MIKE!
Here are a few more memories from the trip.
-Ryan hit heads with his cousin Cooper while playing Basketball and they both had to get stitches over their left eye in the exact same place.
-Mckell stood up for me in the movie theatre when we went to see Crazy Stupid Love. I was going to make this quick but quick just won't do it justice. I walked in with Asher sound asleep. I am well aware of the fact that no one wants to have a baby sit next to them in a movie theatre, airplane or restaurant BUT because since I try to be aware I react very quickly the second Asher even sighs. Ryan and I had been to many movies this summer and Asher sleeps through the entire thing and people after the movie make comments that they didn't even know a baby was in the theatre. The theatre for this movie was practically full. Mckell and I sat down next to two ladies and Ryan and John went to go find seats somewhere else. Everyone around was saying how cute Asher was and I was making sure to tell the people around that I would leave if he made a squeak. Well, the two ladies I sat next to were huffing and puffing and making sure to talk so loud about me that I would hear. I finally looked at the lady right next to me and said "Excuse me, is there a problem?" She of course responded with "UH YA!!! What kind of irresponsible parent brings their baby into a movie!!? We paid good money to be here and the last thing I want is to sit by a newborn." I told her that I promised I would leave the second he made a noise and that she wouldn't even notice he was in there. Let's just say that Mckell wasn't happy with their tone. She stepped right in there to give them her two cents. She told them we were here from out of town without a pump or anyone to babysit. We're going to sit right here and if you want to get up and move then go right ahead! It kept them quiet for a couple minutes until they decided to continue talking about me very rudely and I couldn't believe that the grown women would be so disrespectful. I was now feeling really uncomfortable and I wanted to feed Asher to guarantee he would stay asleep. I moved the armrest up between Mckell and me and grabbed my nursing cover. I was sitting as close to Mckell as possible as was trying to be very discreet. "YOU'RE NOT SERIOUSLY GOING TO BREASTFEED YOUR BABY RIGHT NEXT TO ME ARE YOU???" The lady yelled at me so disgusted and as if she had never seen a mother nurse before. I was done. I told Mckell I wanted to leave so I got up and walked down with tears in my eyes. I was humiliated! Well, here comes Mckell to the rescue again. She told them that she couldn't believe that two women would make a new young mom feel so uncomfortable. I am finally able to get out and have some fun and there is no way that I could have left my baby with a babysitter because we didn't have a pump. She was telling them how she couldn't believe women like them even exist. They should at least just give the baby a chance and once there is a problem THEN they can complain about something. Long story short, Mckell handed it to them. I was trying to find Ryan somewhere in the theatre. I went and found him and had tears streaming down because I was so embarrassed! Mind you, Asher is still sound asleep. I told Ryan that I didn't have a place to sit because those women didn't want to sit by me. Ryan jumps up out of his seat and starts storming down the stairs asking me to show him who it was. I knew I couldn't show him or it would turn into even more of a scene. Meanwhile two of the sweetest women had told Mckell they saw the whole thing and couldn't believe how rude those other women were. They told us they wanted to switch us seats because there was no reason why I couldn't be in here to enjoy the movie also. There ARE nice people in the world! So, we switched seats and both Mckell and me were still so fired up. Luckily, I sat down to the nicest girl ever! The second I sat down I told her I promised I would leave if Asher made a single sound. She replied with "Oh girl, you just sit on down and relax!! We're gonna love this movie and have a good old time! Don't even think for a second about me!" Ahhhh. Loved her. The movie was great and I did enjoy myself! Asher slept the ENTIRE time and honestly didn't even move. The second the lights came on I saw the women still staring at me. They were one row down from me and so when they walked by I had to say something to defend myself. I should be the bigger person and just let it slide but all I said was "I'm sorry my baby was so disruptive that you couldn't even enjoy yourselves!" Of course they had to reply with all sorts of jibber jabber. Here comes Ryan running through the theatre trying to get over to us to have a few words with them. The women scurried on out of the theatre before Ryan could get to them. Mind you this whole time Mckell is still defending me and shutting down every single thing they said to me. As we were exiting the theatre there they were wanting to talk to us. Oh dear. Ryan and Mckell walked over to them and talked to them until they realized these women were never going to be wrong in their book. They were now a waste of our time! We finally left with Ryan and Mckell yelling at them that they were scum. It was hilarious! As we pulled out of the parking lot we saw a group of other women around the rude ladies yelling at them with hands in the air and fingers pointing about 2 mm's from their faces. Let's just say we knew we had won the battle when even other people in the theatre were waiting in line to give them their feelings on the matter!

11 comments:

Caitlin said...

I cant believe those 2 ladies! I would have been so mad! Good job at sticking up for yourself!

Kim said...

Looks like such a fun trip!

Morgan said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Those ladies are so evil. I'm glad you stayed!

Jordan and Amber Swarbrick said...

Cant believe how rude some people are. Glad you had 2 great people there to stand up for you! We are so sad we missed you and Ryan :( Maybe next summer we can actually do something!!
xoxo Amber Swarbrick

Amy and Mark said...

oh. my. gosh. I'm all fired up after that story! I'm so glad that you stayed and watched the movie and had some back-up! geez!

Sarah said...

Im laughing! I love that you stood up to them in the end! Youre so cute and so is your CUTE baby!!

cheri said...

I am still laughing.. I leaughed then and I laughed again.. GO MCKELL! hahahahhaah you forgot the best part where Ryan says in one of his rants after the lady (term used lightly) yelled that she was a responsible parent she got a babysitter and Ry says.. "oh wait, let me guess, Your'e divorced...hmmm no wonder" hahahahah and a great night was had by all!

Ellery Pugmire said...

oh my goodness, I was so nervous reading this story. I would have been crying from the very beginning. I love how protective Ryan is of you. You always have the funniest stories- so many where Ryan comes running to your defense. I love it! Don't those silly women have any children of their own? Gets me fired up just reading about it. Asher is adorable. I hope you're having fun in Turkey! -Ellery

Megan Marie said...

ohhhh my heck! way to stand up and not leave! im so sorry about them. i tell you these CA people... haha jk! he's seriously so cute! right up there with Benton...!

love the new blog look! xo

McKell and John said...

I can't believe I forget to look at your blog! LOVE IT! Oh, that Asher is the cutest boy on the the planet. And that surf and turf is looking mighty yummy right now! I still get all worked up when I think about that movie experience. If I ever see her again, I have a few more things to say. For real. Love you guys!!

Kade and Brittany Wadsworth said...

Jess, I just stumbled upon your blog. SO cute! Asher is getting so big and I just about died reading that story of the movie theatre!! GEEZ! Some people! Hope turkey is going well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...