Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our late Valentine's

Ryan was out of town on Valentine's day this year and so we decided to celebrate a few days late! Ryan had a day off and so we made it our day to have some fun.  Asher woke up pretty early and we waited over an hour to wake Ryan up.  Asher can't stand it when Ryan isn't up.  He will go bang on the door and crawl down there with toys and leave them outside our bedroom door.  I thought it would be cute to send Asher with a card into Ryan.  Well, it didn't turn out nearly as cute as I had hoped. He had chewed the paper, scrunched it and even ripped off part by the time he got there. I should have guessed!
 Did I ever mention we finally moved our bed into our BEDROOM instead of the family room? It's about time.

 Another somewhat of a failed attempt was making pink german pancakes.  They didn't turn out as "pinterest perfect" as I hoped but they still tasted amazing and Ryan got the idea!  Speaking of pinterest...I used the idea of a treat a day for the week leading up to Valentine's and I really had fun! It was fun getting creative and hiding something in Ryan's bag before practice every day.  Ryan's favorites were when I made banana bread and wrote "I'm bananas about you!" and when I made homemade french bread and wrote "I'm glad I'm the only one that gets to french kiss you!" I'm glad he liked the french bread one because it was improv.  It was Sunday on the day I forgot and I realized I didn't have a treat! Sneaky? No, I say smart.
 Before we headed out on our "date."
 We went with Ryan's other American teammates bowling.  This is Trent, he went to BYU and is LDS!  The odds of two players on the same team that are LDS and both live in Utah is extremely rare! We're happy to have him here.  Ladies? I'm looking for candidates.  I'm taking it upon myself to find Trent his future wife! 
 Brian and Misty! Getting married in June!
 Asher enjoyed eating snacks in his high chair while we bowled.  He was well entertained with all of the action. Especially all of my gutter balls.

We didn't take any pictures at dinner. I completely forgot! You would have thought I would for sure remember because I didn't have my hands full. Asher was with a babysitter while we went out to dinner. It was my first time getting Asher a babysitter. It was a weird feeling to take my time eating and being able to enjoy an entire conversation. The Barton family is awesome for watching Asher and we definitely appreciated the night out!
Happy Valentine's!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Two things:
1. I'm totally on your same kick for fitness! After having my Eleanor I'm close to being to my pre-prego weight but am TOTALLY saggy in all the wrong areas! (is there even a good area to be saggy??) My girlfriend and I are training to do a triathlon this May (thanks to your brother, I'm still hooked on those things!!) and I'm just starting to get out and run/bike/swim. Good luck with your goals!!! I found that I have a horrible time motivating myself to get up and out to exercise but once I actually start, I LOVE it. My word of advice: no excuses, get out every day you have planned to get out!

2. I know my sister would KILL me for pimping her out this way but I'm totally taking charge in finding her her future husband...so...if your friend Trent is up for a setup... I know an extremely cute girl we could set him up with when he's back in the states! ;) Cody can vouch for her! She's in Utah all the time and I'm sure we could make some arrangements!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...