Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stories...

Story #1
On Sunday at church I was sitting next to a missionary so he could translate for me. There are about 4 kids in our Branch ranging from ages 4 to about 8. Not many kids at all. There is one little girl that is so sweet! She always comes and gives me drawings and hands me coloring pencils etc. This Sunday I felt a little tap on my shoulder and I turned around and here she was! I started speaking the little Italian that I know to her and then she came closer to me. She leaned in, patted my belly and then handed me a piece of candy! haha I told her thank you and she went away. Right after church her dad came up to me and told me that she was hoping that my baby was a girl so she could dress her up but when he told her it was a boy she said "Maybe she'll let me dress him up too! He'll be my best friend! I'll go give him some candy!" The baby already loves her and loved the candy! What a cute little girl!

Story #2
On another note, I almost got hit walking down a street by my house the other day. Ryan and I were walking back from the grocery store that is really close to our house with bags of groceries. On our way to and from the store we have to walk down a narrow one way street. At one point of the walk you have to check behind you to make sure no cars are coming because there is somewhat of a blind curve. I was in front of Ryan. We looked and there were no cars so I continued walking. All of a sudden we hear a car FLYING down the street. There are a couple speed bumps so I just assumed this would slow them down. Nope! It didn't! All of a sudden I'm slammed up against the wall trying to "think skinny" with my eyes squeezing closed and this car barely misses hitting me! This didn't make Ryan very happy. If she would have waited 2 seconds I would have been completely out of the way and up on the sidewalk that begins a few feet in front of me. Ryan starts to yell in Italian at this lady telling her that she should have waited for me to move, that I'm pregnant and that she is impatient and rude. This didn't make the lady happy! She rolls down her window all the way and starts screaming back at Ryan! At this point I have NO clue what was being said! I had already heard the Italian that I know and that isn't much! Ryan kept yelling and yelling at this lady back and forth until some other people that saw what had happened came over and starting yelling at the lady too! A lot of people were really mad at how fast she was driving down the street and they were saying that she was lucky she didn't hit me because it was way too close! Finally she rolled up her window and drove off. I was scared! I thought Ryan did a great job defending me in his Italian even though I don't know everything he said. She sure understood though!! Crazy lady!

3 comments:

Kim said...

A. I want to meet this little girl at church and I also have a feeling that Benton will also be giving his new little cousin lots of candy.

B. I wish I could have been there to witness Ryan's wrath!

cheri said...

The Wrath of Ryan, I like that kim! this was a "creeper at the gym" story all over again except it sounds like Ryan's Italian is much better than his Turkish.. Did you hear a few swear words? hmmmmm

Sam and Sadie said...

Go Ryan Go!! You know Ryan will always defend HIS Woman! Love to both of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...