Friday, April 8, 2011

April Fool's and more!

My family loves April Fool's Day. Every year we team up and try to come up with genius ideas. This year my sister Kim and I definitely took the cake! Thanks to my good friend Megs and the prank that was pulled on her we had a grand plan. We can't take any credit for coming up with the idea but we can take credit for it working perfectly! We created two different ads on ksl.com. The first ad was that my brother in law had a pet poodle for sale which resulted in him immediately receiving a ton of calls and emails! He caught on after a few hours and asked Kim if she knew why this was happening. She couldn't hide her laugh and told him! He even admitted that we got him really good! Here is the even better prank. We put on ksl.com that my dad had a talking green parrot for sale. We knew this animal may not be quite as popular as the poodle but would cause my dad more confusion. Well, April Fool's passed and we didn't hear anything from my dad so we figured that it didn't work. We left it on for a few days and would ask each other every day if our dad had said anything. Finally three days later my sister Kim asked my mom if they've received any calls about a pet parrot. My mom said "YES!!! Why? Do you have something to do with this? We've been getting calls all week and dad is so confused!" IT WORKED!! We laughed and laughed and my dad wrote me an email saying "I got punk'd!" Sure did dad! We love you!
On a not so funny note...I got a parking ticket. I am so mad! I didn't realize how much time had passed when I was getting my hair done and so I went out and had this big fat paper on my windshield. I was 35 minutes late which results in a 40 euro fine. BIG bummer! I am blaming this one on my pregnancy brain!

4 comments:

Megan Marie said...

bahahaha poor dan! i love that you and kim did that! ps i love your car! crazy writing on the side! miss you!

Kim said...

That was the best April fools ever! Can't wait for next year...

Michelle and Brady said...

hahah that is such a good prank! I am laughing so hard right now!!! Sorry about the ticket... thats the worst!

Kayla R. said...

ha ha ha!!!! LOVE april fools!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...