Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh, the hills of Montegranaro...

I usually think I am a pretty good driver. I haven't been in many accidents or caused many problems other then almost having my licensed suspended when I was 18 for too many speeding tickets. Let's forget about that detail. I have to give myself some credit for thinking I'm usually an ok driver so that I don't feel so dumb when I talk about this story. About a week ago Ryan was gone for a road trip and arrived back to Montegranaro at 4am. I went to the practice arena to pick him up. Let me tell you something, Montegranaro has STEEP hills and a lot of blind corners. I honestly get pretty nervous to drive here! A lot of the streets are wide enough for one car but it is a two way road. It's incredible! The view along the streets is absolutely beautiful as long as you don't get run off the road while enjoying the scenery! Back to my story. I arrived to the arena just fine and picked Ryan up. Right when you pull out of the parking lot from the practice arena there is a very sharp turn AND a very steep hill. This was my first time ever pulling out of the parking lot. I begin to go and then get really nervous because I realized that all of Ryan's teammates are behind me leaving also and are able to watch my driving skills! I put the pedal to the metal and took the turn really sharp. BAD IDEA! I started skidding on gravel and the wheels were just turning with no grip because of the gravel and I started to slide back. I started screaming and just took my foot off the gas which caused us to start rolling back even faster! Yet, another bad idea! Ryan is laughing hysterically while I'm trying to figure out how to not hit everyone behind me! Ryan just yells "FLOOR IT!" so I did and finally we made the turn and made it up the hill. Apparently I took the turn at the sharpest point possible and was only going about 5 mph when we started the hill. I learned that you have to take the turn really wide and get a pretty good head start because once you are on the hill it's like Mount Everest. It was so embarrassing! Ryan's teammates laughed and laughed behind us. He had to make sure and tell them the next day it was ME driving and not him. Let's just say I like being the passenger when driving the beautiful streets of Montegranaro! I don't consider myself as good of a driver anymore.

3 comments:

Stefanie Bell said...

hahaha!! This is funny, really funny! It was probably because it was 4am to!! Did you have to pick him up really at 4?? Your such a good wife..;)

Kim said...

Love this story. This would totally happen to me but probably on a regular basis.

Michelle and Brady said...

Love it! this is so funny! you are so cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...