Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Poor thing...


Yesterday I woke up early in the morning because I had to go to the Lab for some more blood work and testing. I woke up early enough so I could take a shower and get ready. I went in the bathroom and turned on the shower but there was no hot water. I hate that! For some reason this happened last week on Tuesday also. The team had sent an electrician over to fix it so I thought for sure the thermostat must be on some sort of timer and have it set to turn off on Tuesdays! I woke up Ryan and asked him if he knew what to do. He called the manager from the team to come look and see if he could figure it out. I went to the Lab and when I returned he was trying to figure out the problem but had no luck so he said he would send an electrician again. Ryan left for practice and the electrician came to figure out the problem. The electrician didn't speak any English and my Italian is very basic. He went about his business coming in and out, turning things off and on, flipping switches up and down. I could tell he was confused. He went out on the balcony where our water closet is and I heard some crashing/banging then some good laughing! I didn't know if I should go check on him to make sure he was ok or if it would make him uncomfortable. Then I hear him say "Scusa!!! Scusa!!!" so I go running out there and what is he holding? A small bird that has been burnt CRISP! He pointed to the bird and then pointed to the water heater and was showing me that the tiny bird had somehow gotten stuck in there and was beyond golden brown! I think if he would have flicked the bird it would have disintegrated into dust. The poor bird! But once it was removed and he could fix a few things the heater turned right back on! I just feel bad for the bird that used to be cute and lost it's little life to our vicious water heater! I'm so sad I didn't even think to take a picture! But the burnt turkey up above gives you a good idea...

4 comments:

Amy and Mark said...

Oh my gosh!! That is super funny but sad too! Poor little birdie! The turkey...hahah You're too cute!

Jordan and Amber Swarbrick said...

haha oh my gosh!! This is too hilarious. I mean thats horrible for the bird- but a pretty funny story! Hope all is going well!

Michelle and Brady said...

Okay two things... First that is so sad and funny at the same time about the poor burnt bird! Hahah! And second your baby bump is so absolutely darling! I LOVEthe name choice! So cute!

Kim said...

Scusa! Scusa! I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...