Tuesday, February 9, 2010

DoNuTs

I made donut holes...
And we loved them!!
So the other day we were watching TV and on the show someone was eating a powdered donut. This created a major craving for the two of us. We wanted a yummy donut! The problem is that here in Turkey there are no donuts. There are delicious pastries, cookies, desserts etc. but nothing to satisfy the craving of a powdered donut. In order to solve this major problem I decided to make donut holes from scratch. It was SO easy!
Here is how...
Easy Donut Holes
Dry Ingredients
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp nutmeg (optional: I didn't use this!)
1 tsp Baking Powder

Wet Ingredients
1 egg
3/4 cup Buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
(+ extra oil for frying)

Toppings
Powdered Sugar, cinnamon sugar, glaze, chocolate glaze. ANYTHING YOU WANT!

Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and mix with a fork until smooth. Put oil about 1 inch high into a pan. Heat up your oil and drop in the dough using a teaspoon measurer or a mini ice cream scoop. Test your oil by only dropping in 1 donut and seeing if the oil sizzles and begins to brown the donut quite quickly. Once your oil is the right temperature drop in as many will fit in your pan. Turn over when golden Brown. About 2-3 minutes total. Take out of oil and put on a pan covered in paper towels to soak up extra oil. Once the donuts have dried roll in your toppings. Delicious!
Good Luck!




3 comments:

Kim said...

These were seriously so good. I secretly want to make them again right now! Did you guys have a little photo shoot in Turkey? I'm loving these black and white pictures you are posting. Maybe they are for you and ryan's modeling portfolio! haha

Lindsey S. said...

those really do look good! I'm trying not to eat sweets, but I am failing miserably!

Ainges said...

Why have I not been informed about this blog?! I just spent an hour catching up on all your fun you guys are having there. I am JEALOUS! Ryan, it was so good to see you over the break. And Jess it looked like you had a blast while you were home. I couldn't believe the story about you getting locked in for two days....crazy! I hope you guys are happy and well! xoxoxo Heidi Ainge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...