Friday, February 5, 2010

Life is easy when you have cool in-laws!

I always think it's funny when I hear people complaining about their in-laws. The words "THE IN-LAWS ARE COMING TO TOWN!" Well, sorry folks! I'm not backing you up in this argument. I am completely opposite! I AM LUCKY!! I LOVE MY IN-LAWS! Now, I know some of you reading this might be thinking I am a brown noser. Take this post as you wish but I will tell you this, if I didn't like them would I even take the time to blog about them? So enough bragging about how lucky I am to have cooler in-laws then you do. Let's get to what we did while they were here!

The Toolsons came to visit for a week and it was AWESOME! We had so much fun just relaxing, playing cards (Five Crowns), laughing, going to the gym, going to Pamukkale, eating our favorite chicken wraps (everyday), going to Basketball games and just enjoying the company!

At the end of the trip we went to this place called Pamukkale. Ryan finally had a day off and this is where he decided he wanted to go. Great choice if you ask me! It is an ancient city built right behind this big mountain that looks like it is covered with snow. It isn't snow and I am not a geologist but from what I understand it is Lime deposits. Anyway, it doesn't matter what makes it look like this I guess. All we cared about is that it looks so cool!
The Ampitheatre

On the falls of the "snowy" mountain

Can we say I have a model for a husband? I love this picture!


How often do you get to say that you swam on top of Ancient ruins? Well, go to Pamukalle and you can say you did! Ryan and I got in the "healing waters of the Hot Springs" and swam on top of columns, buildings, and a whole lot of broken stones with floating algae! I only screamed a few times while people were in their healing meditating mode. I do not like the feeling of walking on slippery, slimy algae!


Sitting on an ancient column! The only embarrassing part is that a ton of people were under water with huge goggles scoping it all out. I don't know about you but I don't like people in goggles able to look at me in a swimsuit underwater!

At Ryan's game with the Abneys the Humanitarian Missionaries here in Izmir.
After the game! A WIN! And Ryan had 21 points just for his mom and dad!
At the arena before the game
At the GM Nihat's home for a team dinner.
RYAN AND I SCORED! We made a deal. Cheri and I both loved this rug! I wanted to possibly buy it but I knew it would take a lot of convincing in order to get Ryan to agree. So we came up with a plan. The Toolsons are "renting" the rug. They bought it and get it until we want it in our house. We figure it will be a good few years before we even have a place to put it so it works out perfect! So basically Ryan and I got a pretty sweet deal if you ask me! Also Cheri bought some beautiful runners for her hallways. Grandpa Toolson also has a mighty fine rug heading his way!
We had multiple crazy "Taksi" ride experiences which always make for a good laugh and a great memory. Ryan's famous quote "Are anyone else's palms sweating?" after the taxi driver would go flying down a 1 way street in the wrong direction and just beep his little horn expecting everyone to get out of his way!
It's a rule that Ryan and I have for visitors. At the Chicken wrap restaurant you must try the peppers on the table. They cheated and pulled all of the seeds out of the middle but at least they tried them!
You may think I'm kidding when I tell you we ate chicken wraps everyday. You would only understand why we eat here so much if you came here and tried one!
The ladies at the team dinner! This is typical Turkish food. It's incredible!
At the Bizarre right by my house. Don't ask me why the guy taking the picture cut off Mike's head! We left with at least 25 pounds of fruits and vegetables! We had to try everything! Of course Mike was the one who had to carry it all around!


At our favorite Italian restaurant Paprika here in Izmir.

If you can't tell, we had a great time! Thank you very much for coming all the way to Turkey to visit us! We had so much fun giving you guys a little taste of our life here in Izmir! We know it's a long journey but we hope it was worth the trip! You know you made an impression when people are asking me at the gym why they weren't able to meet "Ryan's father and mother!" Everyone wants to meet the parents of Ryan the Superman!

2 comments:

david and kinsley harper said...

im so so sooooo proud of my jess for blogging!!! i love you! i love my in-laws too! its so nice to have such great in-laws poor people who dont get along with theirs!

John said...

How fun!!! I loved all of your pictures!! You are so cute. Love ya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...