Monday, February 15, 2010

When I'm bored...I BAKE!

I may not have the healthiest hobby. All well! Here in Turkey I find that I have a lot of time on my hands so I get myself busy by baking. Valentine's Day was no exception! My sister Kim gave me a delicious recipe for Brownies that I had to try, I have also been craving "Thumbprint Cookies" or what I call Jam cookies and also I made the usual sugar cookies! I made all these things in one day and had a blast! I was a little baking machine!

These don't look nearly as good as they tasted! Oh my goodness they taste like a piece of heaven! For my first time making them I thought they turned out pretty good but now I know the trick of getting the jam not to spill out the sides for next time!
I took the sugar cookies to church and they SCARFED these things down!
I decided it wasn't a good idea to keep all of these sweets around the house so I made Valentine's packages for all of our friends. I know they look kind of ghetto but I did my best with what I had!

If you have anything you think I should try baking please let me know! I am always looking for fun, new and yummy things to try!
I hope that you had a great Valentine's Day!
(If you want any of the recipes I used just let me know!)

5 comments:

cheri said...

You definitely have some mad baking skills! you make that frosting look easy.. I've seen their sugar.. it's not!
yummmmm!!!!

Sam and Sadie said...

Looks amazing!! You have mad skills Jess! Love you!

Kayla R. said...

OMG!!! you are talented:) next time you are in town I am going to come over and you can cook desserts for me...HA HA:) YUMMY:)

sherrie said...

Jude and I are looking at your yummy treats! Jude said, "OOOOO, jess made those!!"

Bre said...

Jess you are absolutely amazing at baking! I am so proud of you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...