Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bake some Cake!

This weekend Ryan had an away game. What does this mean? I bake! When he is gone I think of reasons I need to bake things in order to occupy my time! This weekend it was "Karsiyaka" Cupcakes and Carrot Cake. I made the cupcakes for a boy named Emre that is in our Branch. It was his Birthday on Saturday and he turned 12! His whole family is HUGE Karsiyaka fans so I did Red and Green...they were YUMMY! The recipe for the vanilla cupcakes was really easy and they were incredibly moist. Emre loved them!
I made the Carrot Cake for a little party that we had today. All of us wives/girlfriends of the players got together to watch the game. I asked everyone what they wanted me to bake and randomly they chose Carrot Cake. It was my first time ever making one so I was nervous but I won't lie...it was AMAZING! The girls all loved it and it's a good thing I left some at home for Ryan because there weren't any leftovers at the party! I know the picture doesn't look all that great but it was really delicious!
Here is a random picture of the TV screen. Every time I watch a game on TV I think it's so weird to see Ryan. He looks so cute! It's just weird to see him on TV.




2 comments:

Kim said...

Yum! I didn't end up making the carrot cake today (I made Banoffee pie instead) but I plan on making it next Sunday. I can't wait! Love you! Oh, congrats to Ryan too in regards to your below post! I liked his answer too...

Rebecca Ann Groesbeck said...

i think you should stop making cupcakes. it gives you cellulite...haha i love you jess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...