Monday, February 8, 2010

When it snows...YOU SLED!

So the whole time I was home visiting I was somewhat disappointed that there was never a good snow storm! Well, that all changed the night before I left. My family had a "going away again" party for me the night before I left. We had my...
Meal of choice: Hawaiian Haystacks
Dessert of choice: Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and Costco chocolate dipped with almond Ice cream bars- Delish!
Game of choice: Sardines!! Yes I got my entire family to run around the whole house and find each other in random hiding spots. The best hiding spot was my dads. Under the piano in the living room. You should have seen 6 of us hiding under the piano!
Other hiding spots included...
Mom in the closet of her quilting room.
I hid up in the loft of my room.
Cody took a blanket and hid under that in the hallway thinking we were "look over him!"
Tyler in the easiest spot that took us all the longest. A small corner by the fireplace!
We also played the card game Five Crowns. If you haven't ever heard of it you must buy this! Cody and Alycia gave it to us for Christmas and now it is easily a family favorite!
Last activity: SLEDDING! I had been waiting my entire visit for there to be enough snow for sledding. I GOT IT!
Here we are preparing to go out...we threw on the most random outfits. I even wore capri sweat pants and rain boots. Warm? NOPE!
Look at this!! Inches and inches within a few hours!
Let's get this sledding started!
After the sledding! Why did I wear rain boots without long pants? I had more snow inside my boots then outside. And the worst part...I borrowed my moms North Face coat and realized there was a hood on the coat AFTER we were finished sledding. Yes, I'm a genius. All well.
IT WAS WORTH IT!!

Thanks family for being willing to play my incredibly random games, go sledding and get super wet, eat my favorite foods/desserts and for simply being the best family! Love you!

3 comments:

Kim said...

That was sooo much fun. I still can't get over how hilarious your out-fit was. Sardines and sledding anyone?

McKell and John said...

You have the cutest family ever. I am so glad you are part of ours now so you can teach us to be silly and play sardines. I love that game. And maybe Mike would even play if we bribed him with Wheat thins and salsa! And who the heck makes CAPRI SNOW pants? Hilarious!

Sam and Sadie said...

I wish we had been there!! We love you and had fun with you in Scottsdale! LOVE YOU!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...