Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Drama...Drama...


Here is yet another funny story. This story is actually quite the insult to me but I think it is something great to laugh about. I have a gym pass here to a really great gym called Sports International. I love this gym! It is huge, great classes, good equipment and I have made some good friends because of the gym. Luckily Ryan's teammate Dre has a girlfriend that I love! We get along perfect! We go to the gym together every single day and it is so nice to have a little gym buddy. Now let me give you a little background info. Emily (Dre's girlfriend) is in impeccable shape. I mean six pack, really thin but really toned, amazing cardio ability and is in the best shape of anyone at the gym. She is a personal trainer in Omaha and has a booked schedule from morning to night. She graduated in Exercise Science with a minor in Nutrition. This girl knows her stuff! A few months ago when Emily was here in October we went to the gym. We were doing Cardio when a trainer at the gym came up to her and told her that she doesn't get her heart rate up high enough when she does Cardio. She was really nice and told him that she knows what her heart rate should be and also she was doing interval training so it would change a lot. He proceeded to tell her that she was wrong and that she isn't working out right. Then she got a little annoyed and so was I. She started getting "textbook" on him and explaining why she was right and that he was wrong. He wasn't budging so eventually she just told him thanks for the input but she'll just do what she prefers. We were both really confused about where he thought he had the right to tell her what to do when these trainers haven't even studied anything about fitness. We moved on and honestly had forgotten that this even happened and actually found it pretty funny.
THEN there is today. Emily is back now for the rest of the season. We have been going to the gym everyday like we used to and it is so much fun to workout together. We were doing circuit training today and a little bit of Cardio. At one point one of us would do a few upper body workouts and then we would switch and one person would do Hamstring curls. It was my turn to do Hamstring curls and so I am laying down doing my set when the same trainer from the experience before comes up and said "Are you doing this to get rid of your cellulite?" I was really confused. Yes, I won't lie. I do have cellulite on the backs of my legs but come on...you don't have to TELL me that. I stood up off the machine and said "Excuse me?" He again replied with "Are you trying to get rid of your cellulite on the behind of your legs?" I was so irritated but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt so I asked "Do you understand what you're saying?" I wasn't sure if he was confused because of the language barrier but this guy knows English! He said "Yes, I understand. You have cellulite on the backs of your legs. You are needing to get rid of this. You do Hamstring curls to get rid of your fat." OH NO YOU DIDN'T BOY! haha I was so offended! I looked at him and I said as polite as I possibly could "You don't ever say that to girls. I don't know if this is acceptable in Turkey but it isn't ok with me. Don't look at me this way and I don't appreciate you telling me things that are wrong with my body." And I walked away. He is lucky I am happy with the way I look. Yes, it was rude and I was a little offended but most of all I thought it was really weird he felt this was acceptable. He should be grateful I'm not the type that is now going to stop eating and begin researching for new cellulite creams. I walked over to Emily and told her what happened. She was SO mad. She is the sweetest girl and she couldn't stop telling me how great of shape I am in etc. trying to make me feel ok about what happened. I just know she didn't want my feelings to be hurt. We finished our workout and on the way down we both gave him the evil eye. I won't lie, it made me feel better. (I know you might be thinking I'm dramatic but come on. Don't tell me you would be all smiles and invite him over for dinner if someone said that to you.) The story isn't over. Ryan called me. He was coming to the gym to meet up with me to go to the Bizarre. I told him on the phone what had happened. He was NOT happy. For those of you that know Ryan you would most likely agree he is the sweetest person ever unless you do something to offend ME. He will protect me or anyone he cares about until the end. Along with being protective of me he is very "witty" with his comments. He was more mad that this trainer was checking my legs out when I was doing Hamstring curls and that he felt like it was OK to talk to me that way. (Just so those of you that are reading this don't think I was working out in underwear I want to let you know that I was wearing Nike running shorts that are fitted but are only about 4 inches above my knee. These aren't booty shorts and actually qualify as "knee lengths.") Ryan showed up at the gym. He wanted to go inside and have a little chat with the trainer. I refused to go back into the gym and show him who it was but Emily was mad so she was more then happy to go inside and show him. I was so nervous. About ten minutes later Ryan came walking out and all he said to me was "He won't be talking or looking at you ever again." That was that. But then of course Emily and Dre wanted to know what he said! I wasn't inside so I don't know exact words but this is Ryan's recap. "You know my wife Jessica? You are to never talk, look, or come near her ever again. You have no right to tell her there is something wrong with her when she is perfect just the way she is. I swear if you ever say one more inappropriate thing to her or Emily you will dread the day Dre or I hear about it. Mind your own business and they will mind theirs." TAKE THAT JERK! I am not going to lie. It was nice to know that I have a husband that will stick up for me! This whole story probably sounds so dramatic and blown out of proportion but I guess you may have had to be there. It really was inappropriate and I truly was offended. Later today the Head Manager of the gym called and apologized to both of us for what happened. I said that I didn't want him to be in trouble or anything but he needs to know how to treat and talk to customers of the gym. The manager agreed 100% and said nothing like this would ever happen again. So anyway folks! Here is another funny but more embarrassing story for you! Next time I see you I'll notice if you're trying to look at the cellulite on my hamstrings!

8 comments:

Cambria said...

OH MY- I am glad Ryan said something~ Skyler would do the same thing... I just doubt he would have done it as "kindly" as Ryan!

I liked the comment about the shorts being "KNEE LENGTH" made me laugh!

Ashley Hardison said...

Jess way to stand up for yourself. I can't believe he would say that. Good for Ryan to be so protective. Great story!

Brittany said...

I can't believe that! You didn't do anything dramatic, that creep did! I can't believe people actually have the nerve to say things like that. I'm glad Ryan put him in his place! Seriously, what a creepy jerk!

Kim said...

This is the best story. I'm so proud of what you said to the guy! And Ryan! I am so not surprised that he marched in there to defend you! You have great "hamstrings" by the way.

Love you!

Betsy said...

What a weirdo! The gym guy..not you or ryan :] i would have been furious! i'm so glad you guys did something about it! MISS YOU!

cheri said...

ok, so I have already told 5 women your story (you didn't say it was a secret!) and each one had the same reaction when I got to the part where arseface says "are you doing this to remove..)" they all screamed, had huge eyes and their hands flew to their mouths and screamed again "HE DID NOT!!!!" ..so I am guessing you are not over reacting.. these women don't even know you or how practically perfect in every way you really are! I'm not gonna lie, I laughed alot, and have chuckled off and on again all day! love you!

McKell and John said...

I am laughing so hard right now! My mom told me the story over the phone but it is so much funnier to read it from you! You have the most perfect body I know. That guy better watch his tongue because if he thinks Ryan ripped him a new one, his older sister is a lot scarier!

sherrie said...

I left a comment about this a few days ago but it didn't show up! When I was in college I went traveling through Europe when I was done with semester abroad. I was in a laudry mat in France with two guy friends and this rude man sat watching me laughing and finally decided to tell me how fat I was and how American women are so chubby and should try to look more sleek and sexy like their French woman. I felt so bad and was humiliated....but I sure as heck wish I looked that good now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...