Saturday, February 20, 2010

Funny...Funny...

This is a funny story that I wanted to post about! Last week at Ryan's home game I was enjoying myself when I saw Ryan's teammate accidentally smack Ryan in the face. No, it wasn't on purpose. No, it wasn't while warming up. No, it wasn't during the game. It was simply after his teammate had made a really sweet fast-break dunk. Ryan put his hand up to give Alper a "high five" when WACK!! Alper accidentally made this simple "Way to go Man!" into a "I'm gonna slap you in the face and rip out your eye contact!" I saw Ryan grab his eye and I just thought he would shake it off but then I could see him looking around on the ground for his contact. I immediately thought...Ryan doesn't have any back ups in his bag. He used his back up last game when his other contact flicked out. So I scream across the court over the cheering crowd "RYAN DO YOU NEED A CONTACT!?" He yelled back "RUN HOME!" So that's what I did. You should have seen me...I grabbed the house keys and I was out of there! I have to describe what I must have looked like sprinting down a busy street in Turkey. I was wearing skinny jeans with jeweled flats, a black t-shirt and my "boyfriend blazer." with lots of cute jewelry. Get the picture? Not a good sprinting outfit. But I will tell you what...I WAS HAULING!! I was getting the weirdest looks ever. First of all I already stand out here in Turkey and on top of that I am sprinting as fast as I can in my regular clothes all dressed up for the game! I am about 3/4 of the way home when I hear "JESSICA" and I turned around to see Emine waving his arms and yelling my name. Emine is one of the teams helpers. He drives the guys around, takes them to the bank, fills our their paperwork etc. He can barely even speak english and he was about to pass out. All he can say to me is "Ryan-yok" Which means "Ryan-no." I was incredibly confused. I knew Ryan needed his contacts so I had no idea what he was saying. He just kept on saying "Ryan say no" So I figure he is trying to tell me that Ryan found a contact and no longer needs more. So I walk back to the arena thinking all is well. I walk right back into the game when the half-time buzzer rings and Ryan comes sprinting over to me "WHERE ARE MY CONTACTS!" and I said "WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Emine said you didn't need them anymore!" Uh oh...Ryan turned to Emine and screams at the top of his lungs "I NEED MY CONTACT not I DON'T NEED MY CONTACT!" oopsies....So Emine grabs the keys to his car and we jump in thinking this would be faster then me running. We were wrong. We got stuck on a really skinny street on the way to our house that had a semi on it dropping off groceries at the mall. By this time Emine was crying. Poor guy. I kept on patting his back and telling him Ryan isn't mad at him. I told him the language barrier causes major problems and it isn't his fault. I also told him Ryan is just stressed out because of his contact and didn't mean to yell at him. I felt so bad. I decided to jump out of the car and sprint through the mall because that would be much faster then waiting for the semi to be done. I told Emine to meet me in front of the complex. Let me create this picture. To enter into our mall you have to put your bags through the security conveyer belt like at the airport and go through a scanner yourself. So when I run up and just basically leap through the scanner I may have looked a little bit suspicious. I was literally running as fast as I can through the mall screaming "PARDON!!!!!" I looked like a fool. I was getting really interesting looks along with looking so crazy. I finally got to the apartment, rode the incredibly slow elevator up to the 16th floor, grabbed the contacts, rode the incredibly slow elevator down and then threw myself into Emine's car. We hauled back to the arena when I see Ryan's GM outside waiting for us to get back. I hand him the contacts and he ran into the arena to give them to Ryan. The game was starting. My heart was pounding and I seriously felt like crying because it was so stressful. Now I laugh! So I walked back in because I didn't want to miss the game and THEN I realize...I am SO HOT!! The second I sat down I totally started sweating. Come on...someone please tell me you have had that feeling when everyone around you is perfectly normal and you have beads of sweat running down your face. I was so embarrassed! All well...
Now that you know the story I will tell you the funniest thing of all...The next day in the Izmir Newspaper the front page headline was "Ryan Toolson's Wife Saves The Game" With a huge picture of Ryan and me with our hands up in the air when he was screaming "Where are my contacts!?"
That my friends is embarrassing.
Oh well. At least they won and at least I have another embarrassing/funny/random story to remember of living here in Turkey.
I am positive there are plenty more to come.



10 comments:

Jeff and Kelly and kids said...

This is the best story ever! This is Kelly Bridges by the way. I love reading your blog! Write me sometime and I can invite you to my blog. My email is jkcrhea@hotmail.com

Stefanie Bell said...

hahahahah!! oh my gosh i am dying right now!! why in the world did you not tell me that on the phone?!! That is seriously great, i love that it was in the newspaper!! Such fuuny memories. Good job Jess you saved the game!!

kim huish said...

This story is so classic! I love it and can totally relate to the sweat dripping down your face in a public setting part...

Betsy said...

You are hilarious! and i LOVE that story :] good thing you were there! xoxo

star1britty said...

You have got to be the Cutest Person!!! To run twice to your apartment and back!!!!! He should be eternally grateful to you!!! You are amazing!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha this was soooo funny!!!! i was just picturing you running!!! i miss you!

Anonymous said...

opps that was really me kinsley!!!!! wrong blogg.

cheri said...

Poor Emine! Did you ever get a copy of the news paper? We would love to see you post it if you do!!

Ashley Hardison said...

That is so funny. I think you will have to keep living there just to get these kind of stories. I am glad that you saved the game. I love that you ran back to your apartment. You two are so cute. You better save that newspaper article.

McKell and John said...

PLEASE tell me you have that newspaper!? So many funny stories you guys! poor little helper guy. He really cried? He needs a vacation! Or maybe you should bake something for him! I forgot Ryan wore contacts. Such a good wifey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...