Monday, April 2, 2012

11 months old

This little guy is now 11 months old. Where is the time going? I say this every month. Time is passing way too quickly.  Asher is changing so fast and I feel like I can't soak everything in fast enough.  His personality has really been coming through and I am loving getting to know him even more.
 He is doing a little bit better in his car seat.  He doesn't scream quite as often and has actually even fallen asleep a few times! That's a big change


 He LOVES pears and kiwi.  This month he has taken an interesting change and hasn't loved any solids that he used to.  He doesn't seem to care too much about food and would much rather nurse.  He makes a weird face as if the texture is disgusting.  He pushes it out with his tongue and lets it dribble down his chin. We have a problem because this is why Ryan weighed 100 pounds as a freshman in High School ;)  All about texture.  One thing that Asher has eaten a lot of is pizza.  He can eat an entire piece by himself.  Am I a bad mom? At least he ate!
 He cracks me up!!









Other 11 month changes:
Started clapping!!
Sucking his thumb again! He stopped for a little while but now it is back in full swing
Saying mama, da, ga, ba, no and du and rambles on and on telling me stories
Pointing at pictures of Ryan and saying "da"
He is getting a big, chubby belly
He is nonstop on the go and crawls full speed ahead
His favorite toy is the vacuum and broom
He has become really great at creating messes
He plays peek a boo.  He holds up a towel and then drops it and laughs every time.  He does it about 100 times before he moves on to something different
He does what my brother Cody would do when he got home from his mission to India.  He bobbles his head side to side like a bobble head doll
He is wearing 12-18 month clothes
He always wants to reach his hands in the toilet bowl
He is getting more timid with strangers and doesn't want to be passed from person to person which is great for me! I was getting sick of telling people they can't hold him. Awkward but I was sick of him being sick every other week
 Luckily, he still loves daycare at the gym
It is a war every time I try to change his diaper
He still loves bath time
Has no interest in walking 
Takes his shoes off almost immediately after I put them on.  He has even figured out how to get off shoes that have velcro and laces
He screeches every time Ryan walks in the door
He loves slow walks along the water while relaxing in his stroller
He had bronchitis and RSV (SCARY!)
He learned how to suck through a straw
His favorite book is "In My Tree" and he giggles every time we read it
He loves to swing at the park

We love and adore Asher so very much.  What a fun time in our lives.  We miss family and we are so excited to get home so that they can see all of his changes!
Happy 11 months little man!




2 comments:

Brooke and Mike said...

I can see a big personality totally shining through! He is so cute with his little spoon. He looks like he is trying to tell you he is too cool for pictures though, mom haha Love that smirk!

Erica {My Two Roads} said...

He is SO cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...