Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fitness Week 5

This was the first week of month two!  This week I analyzed the last month and thought about some things that I could work on or what things I feel are going well!

Things to work on
1: Weekends.  They ruin me. I lose control and I eat every single sweet thing in sight.  I don't eat a regular portion and then feel satisfied.  I go crazy and eat way more then I should.  I am going to exercise self control.  I don't want to feel mad at myself on Monday about eating half of an entire cake.  It makes me feel like I ruined an entire week of hard work.  I will still enjoy some treats but work on portion control.
2:  Sleep.  I know this is a hard one with a baby but one thing I know I can work on is getting to bed earlier.  Asher goes to bed at 8pm and we don't go to bed until midnight.  I know that a major key to a healthy lifestyle is getting enough sleep.  This will help me to wake up more energized in the morning instead of rolling out of bed wishing for another hour. 
3:  Cardio.  I know that I need to step up the amount of cardio I am doing.  I have been doing a maximum of about 30 minutes/day besides days I go to spinning.  This is a great amount of cardio but I want to have one day per week where I do one hour and 15 minutes of cardio only.  
4:  Food journal has been slacking! I've been forgetting.  It really helps a lot so I will do a better job remembering. 


Things that are great!
1: I'm consistent! Doing this challenge has helped me to get to the gym or exercising consistently.  I have been going about five days a week and am really loving getting into a routine.  
2:  I'm feeling better! I really can feel a difference.  I have more energy, I'm happier and I'm loving the "me" time.  That may sound selfish but don't take it that way.  I like to have one hour to think to myself and feel like I am achieving something.
3: Schedule.  I now have a set schedule of what I do each day.  Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday is spinning and abs.  Monday, Thursday and Friday is treadmill or elliptical for 30 minutes and weights for 30 minutes.  Pushups challenge is MWF.  I am at the gym for one hour per day.  Some days a little bit longer but I am amazed at what I have been accomplishing with a set schedule.
4:  Food. Other then going crazy with sweets on the weekends, I am eating better! I have been eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, cooking healthier dinners and really paying more attention to what I fuel my body with (minus sweets. my bad!)
5: Measurements! My measurements are going down! YAY!

Measurements Friday, April 6th
Thighs: 22 inches (down!)
Hips/Waist: 31.5 inches (down!)
Butt 37.5 inches (down!)
Bicep: 11 inches (down!)
Weight: 138 (no change)





It's not too late to start a challenge! Do this last month with me! Summer is just around the corner and you want to feel strong and healthy in your swimsuit! Hop on board...

1 comment:

Ellery Pugmire said...

Jess- You are doing so well! I can't believe how tiny your waist is. And that picture of your bare stomach? I have never had a six pack like that! You look great. I wanted to tell you about a workout thing my sisters and I have been doing that is an awesome at-home workout alternative.
bodyrock.tv
go to that website, because each day they post a workout and a bonus or two for your abs or glutes, etc.
The workouts are short and challenging! They are so fun. Check it out. (But pardon here scandalous immodesty. You probably wanna watch it when your two boys aren't around.) Let me know what you think of it! I think you'll really like it.
-Ellery
p.s.- I love that you had church at your house. What a great experience!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...