Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Got you good!

I love a good prank.  I am one of those people that is always in on causing some mischief or doing something that will end with some good laughs.  Last year was one of our best with this April Fool's prank but this year may have been just as fun.  I was filled with good ideas thanks to my partner in crime, Kim.  I started off the morning by putting orajel and blue food coloring on Ryan's toothbrush.  The bristles of his toothbrush are blue so it blended perfectly.  I was in the kitchen when I heard him go in the bathroom to brush his teeth.  I was already laughing with tears streaming down my face when it got even better.  I heard him say "What the heck? Why is my whole mouth going numb?"  I ran in the bathroom to see his mouth foaming with blue bubbles and him looking at his toothbrush incredibly confused.  I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.  Of course, when I ran to get the camera he locked me out of the bathroom. I had also shoved Asher's poky toys in the tips of Ryan's church shoes.  That one was good but not as awesome as the toothbrush.  
Prank #2 was on my Branch.  We showed up to church and I told everyone that I had made a word search puzzle for them to do while watching conference.  I created a puzzle using church words such as Prophet, Temple, Holy Ghost, conference etc.  They all got really into it and I said that the first person to finish gets a prize.  They started looking really hard and even began asking me if I knew how to spell the words because I put Templx and Prophit in the word search.  I told them to keep trying! Finally, about 10 minutes in one of them yelled "THIS IS A SICK JOKE!" Again, I was laughing until I began to cry.  We all laughed for a good 15 minutes.  


You can see how hard they are all focusing!


 Asher watching Toy Story during conference. And you're right, he isn't wearing any pants at church. He crawled into a huge puddle of spilled water after five minutes of being there! 

The last prank we played was also a great one.  It was on our families.  This is usually pretty hard because they are expecting something to come. Ryan had a really important game on April Fool's Day.  That's true. It was a really intense game with a lot of fouls and cheap shots. Also, true. When we got home we decided to tell a story about Ryan and me getting into fights at the game.  This is how it went.  Ryan was running for a fast break lay up when a guy came from behind and took his legs out from under him.  This was not only cheap of the guy but also crazy because we were winning by about 15 at this point.  When Ryan stood up they started yelling at each other when the guy punched Ryan in the face which resulted in a black eye.  We said that Ryan swung back and hit him in the forehead when everyone ran onto the court to start breaking it up.  This whole part of the story is actually not too hard to believe ;). Fights and crazy things often happen in the games over here.  This is our concrete story to then build from to make it more dramatic! We told them that the wife of the player who shoved Ryan was sitting near me and when her husband did this she jumped up and started clapping and yelling "THAT'S RIGHT! TAKE THAT!" Well, I wasn't too happy about this so I began to yell back at her.  I passed Asher off to a friend and started getting into it with this girl.  She decided to walk up the few rows to me and start getting in my face.  She was saying that Ryan deserved to be thrown to the ground and that I needed to sit down.  When I wouldn't sit down she tried to slap me when I shoved her down the stairs and all the fans around were screaming and going crazy around us.  After I shoved her down the stairs and everything was really chaotic the referee blew the whistle and yelled "APRIL FOOLS!!"
Let's just say that my parents were literally not breathing and my dad asked me if I shoved her good! haha and the Toolson's were also FOOLED! We had them going for the longest time! Cheri was saying "atta girl" and my mom was asking if the girl was hurt!  It was classic.  It has now gotten around to all of my parents friends, the President of UVU and our extended families.  
Looks like we thought up a good story!
We really did win the game! That's no joke.

Just enough makeup to make it noticeable but not too fake!
I am excited for next year!

6 comments:

Amy and Mark said...

what the heck you ARE good!!!! i wish I would have done something fun!!

cheri said...

Seriously Jess I totally got pranked and still laughed all over again reading this! All I have to say is YOU better watch out next year! I have a whole list of stuff already planned! xoxo

kim huish said...

If you only knew how many times I have laughed about all of this. I just love a good April Fools joke! Love being your partner in crime!

Ellery Pugmire said...

That dress in the picture is adorable. Your waist looks tiny in it!

Megan Marie said...

you silly people!!! i still love our last years... you dad and the parrot?? is that was it was?

we can't forget chels and scott pranking us with our apricot toy poodle. hahahha

Cummards said...

I'm dying! I am the worst I always forget about it, and then vow to remember the next year...hasn't happened yet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...