Sunday, April 22, 2012

Failed Mommy

Today was quite the day! Ryan is out of town which always makes Sundays more difficult.  I have a hard time getting myself ready, food made (we always do dinner as a branch after church), Asher ready and out the door by 9:30.  Today was no exception. I made cinnamon rolls this morning and was hustling to get out the door. I grabbed my usual diaper bag and threw it over my shoulder, a huge tray of cinnamon rolls in one hand and Asher holding on for dear life in the other arm.  I ran out the door and made it to church on time.  Barely.  Right when I got to church I realized I hadn't moved everything from Ryan's backpack into my diaper bag.  When we went on a day trip a few days ago we moved diapers and wipes into his backpack.  I would've just driven home and grabbed some but church is a 25 minute drive away. Oops. I hoped this wouldn't be a big deal.  I was wrong. Ten minutes into church I needed a new diaper not just because it was wet. You get the idea.  I told my friend Jodi who is here visiting her husband who works for NATO and she started laughing uncontrollably. She immediately helped me rig up this cloth diaper. It was genius! It worked for two hours and then Asher peed through the whole thing.  He crawled around for about a half hour at church in the nude. Jerry and Joel (awesome NATO guys) went to the Military Commissary and bought Asher some diapers.  They saved the day.  We even left a bunch of diapers at church in case I forget again!  Asher was a little bit of a pill the whole day at church and those three knew exactly when I needed a break.  Jerry was so sweet and took Asher out on a walk for 20 minutes right when I was on the verge of tears.  The Mission President was in town from Bulgaria and I was so nervous about every little squeak Asher was making.  It's hard when you have church in an apartment and especially when that apartment isn't yours.  There are no halls to wander, rooms with toys or even other babies to join in on the noise making.  I'm not complaining, just stating the facts.  I realized again today how much Ryan helps me out.  It's amazing to have a hands on daddy!

 Asher passed out within 30 seconds of getting in the car to go home.  What a little munchkin.  Being a little stinker wore him right out!  It doesn't help that church is at 10am which is right when he takes a nap!
Asher and I took a two hour nap after church and then enjoyed some more cinnamon rolls although most of his ended up in crumbs on the ground.

Here's to trying not to forget diapers EVER again!!

3 comments:

Megan Marie said...

oh i wish that i could just txt you and tell you how funny this story is!!! im dying. in the states if you saw a naked baby at church it'd prob be a whole different story haha!

loves jess! he's so cute, and you are a great mommie! good memories!

Stefanie Bell said...

hahah, it happens to the best of us!!! love the rigged up diaper, thats genius!!

Ellery Pugmire said...

Oh this sounds like something I would have done. Forgetting to have a fully stocked diaper bag is the hardest, and I never, never have extra clothes with. Sounds like you handled it all like a champ. Asher seems like the most cheerful little guy. He is a doll. That's exciting you'll be home soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...