Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Four Years!

On the 19th, we celebrated our FOUR YEAR Anniversary!  My goodness. The time has flown by.  It seems like our wedding day was just yesterday!  I still remember the way I felt when I was sealed to Ryan for time and all eternity. I couldn't stop crying because the spirit was so strong and I was so excited for the rest of our lives together.  I still remember all of the family and friends that were there to celebrate our special day with us and how happy I was that they came from near and far.  I still remember driving home from Salt Lake to Provo after the ceremony and being in shock that we were actually MARRIED!!! I still remember all of the delicious food at both the luncheon and reception.  Of course, I remember the food!  I still remember dancing my heart out and not wearing shoes for 99% of my reception.  I still remember slow dancing with my dad and crying like a baby.  I still remember dancing with Ryan and telling him how excited I was to be his wife.  I still remember it being a windy day and thinking the tent would blow over.  I still remember how weird it felt leaving my reception as a wife. I still remember how happy I was that entire day!  I still remember our incredible honeymoon to Maui.  I still remember our first apartment.  Now, we have a baby and we've lived all over the world.  We've lived in Turkey for two years and Italy for one. I feel like if you can survive living together away from every loved one and friend, you can make it through anything! Our relationship is stronger because we've been on our own and I love being on such a great journey with my best friend.  We only have each other to rely on which brings you that much closer.  Ryan is an incredible man.  I am so grateful to know Ryan would do anything for me.  I know that he loves me and I have never questioned that.  Ryan makes me feel safe with our relationship and I know that I come first before anything else.  He treats me like a queen and puts up with all of my flaws.  He always replaces the toilet paper in the bathroom and keeps our tube of toothpaste clean.  He is the one that vacuums and he has never once told me that anything I've cooked isn't good.  I know he is lying about that!  I know that he appreciates me and he shows me everyday that he loves me.  I am lucky.
We celebrated with a simple lunch date.  My dear friend Megan came over to watch Asher and we went out for lunch.  We'll celebrate all of our missed holidays when we get home and have grandparents to babysit!  

 Ryan wouldn't let me take a single picture of him which means I had to keep trying just because I'm a pest.
 Fresh squeezed O.J. is a must at Sir Winston Tea House

 We got a chicken quesadilla and a club sandwich to share and enjoyed the beautiful scenery...
And then came home to our little munchkin snuggled up on Megan watching Toy Story.  It was a delightful Anniversary lunch!  And it was funny that we both said how much we missed Asher even though it was a little under two hours.
I can't go without saying thanks to my mom for letting us get married on her Birthday! She was such a champ for letting us ruin her special day.  I have such an incredible mom!  She's hilarious, adorable and just plain fun.  She has more style than any fashionista out there.  I mean it.  She rocks colored skinnies, printed T's and cardigans like it's her job!  She is a great example of so many characteristics but one of the many that I admire the most is her happiness.  Seems like a lame explanation but really...she is always happy, cheerful, laughing, smiling and someone that you want to be around.  Her energy is contagious!  She is such a great mom and I am so grateful for her! Happy Birthday mom! Love you!

4 comments:

Brooke and Mike said...

Happy 4 years! I remember being there that day too...everything was perfect : )

kim huish said...

happy anniversary you to yayhoos! (not sure how to spell it but you know what I mean!)

Megan Marie said...

oh i love love love your mom! i didn't know you got married on her bday?!!! pretty darn cool!

happy 4ths!!
xo

Amy and Mark said...

I saw your cute parents walking around Riverwoods the other night! They're seriously straight out of like a J. Crew catalog. Happy Anniversary! That's so neat that you've been away from family and loved ones so long. I'm wondering if we'll ever get away from here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...