Friday, April 20, 2012

Fitness Challenge Week 7

I didn't forget that I was in the middle of a fitness challenge, it just slipped away from me for about a week.  Easter weekend and the week following absolutely ruined me.  I ate, ate and ate.  I felt sick for the whole week after and couldn't quite get back into my routine because I was so mad I ate that way.  I was so disappointed! Ugh....  I'm not meaning that I just enjoyed Easter food and candy, I overdid it big time.  But, the point is that I am now back on track.  I cut myself some slack and told myself this last Monday that it was a whole new week and I could start over fresh! I got my cadbury egg booty back to the gym and got back on schedule.  I decided a couple of weeks ago that I was going to take measurements at the end of my fitness challenge instead of every week.  It will be more exciting for me to see if there is any changes.  This week I'm feeling great! I still have my problem areas because I am female and we never seem to be satisfied but I am actually feeling grateful for my body! Running is easier, I'm much stronger and I feel better about myself which is the most important.  My pants are fitting great, even loose and I feel a lot tighter and toned.  I ran 2.5 miles pushing Asher in his stroller without stopping one time.  I'm sure that's a breeze for a lot of you but pushing Asher really gets me huffing. I was so proud of myself and it felt great! After I ran without stopping, I walked for about five minutes and then ran another mile without stopping.  It was great to feel my hard work and training paying off.  I have still been doing my hundred pushups challenge and it is SO hard.  This week was supposed to be my final challenge.  I got to pushup 80 and totally collapsed.  I am repeating week six and will try the final challenge again next week! The final challenge is a lot harder then I had expected.  WOW!


Ready for a new workout? Here you go...
Mountain Climbers- 30 seconds
Pushups- 30 seconds
Butt Lifts/Kicks Alternating legs- 1 minute (one leg for 30 then switch legs for 30 seconds)
Plank- 1 minute
Push Up Jumping Jacks- 30 seconds
Repeat 3 times

Squat Jumps- 30 seconds
Alternating Box Lunge- 1 minute
Tricep Dips
Bicycle Abs- 1 minute
Jumping Jacks-1 minute
Repeat 3 times

Description of uncommon exercises:
Mountain Climber - Mens pushup position lift one knee and try to kick it to opposite arm pit. Alternate sides. Right knee to left arm pit, left knee to right arm pit. Hold abs in tight.
Butt lifts/kicks- On ground get on all fours with knees on the ground.  Lift one leg up behind you and kick your heel to the ceiling.  Bring leg all the way back to start position and kick the ceiling again while squeezing your booty as tight as you can
Plank- Get on elbows and then lift knees off of the ground.  Hold in plank position, squeezing abs as tight as you can.
Push up Jacks- Get in mens pushup position.  With your feet jump out to the side and back in.
Squat Jumps- Start in squat position with toes pointing forward and feet shoulder width apart. Jump up and reach your arms high up to the ceiling. Continue jumping and reaching as high as you can.
Box Lunge-  Using stairs at your house or an aerobic step alternate lunge by "stepping" up on to the box and then back to starting position. Alternate legs.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are beautiful Jess! Look at your cute body. Thanks for posting your workout challenge. It's been so hard to start working out again since i've had baby #2. I need to break away and have some "me" time. You have motivated me to get going. With summer here I feel like it will be easier. We need to get together when you guys are here next. I'm sure Chase would love to play some ball with Ryan. I hope things are going well in Turkey. You have the cutest little family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...