Monday, April 16, 2012

Kemeralti

Since the boys sealed a spot in playoffs they were given an extra day off. We will take it!! We went across the bay to Konak which is about a 15 minute ferry ride from our house.  In Konak there is the coolest bazaar called Kemeralti.  Bazaars are definitely something to never be missed in Turkey.  They are incredible and Kemeralti has anything and everything you can imagine. We loved the sunshine, the ferry, the company and the time to get out and enjoy our surroundings.
 Is Ryan not the cutest daddy?




 "Real Genuine Fake Watches"

 There is an entire street that is only selling tea kettles.  I have been here before but today I realized how many tea kettles there really were.
 If I had any more room in my suit case I would definitely buy one of these lanterns.  This picture is awful but they are the coolest colors, shapes, sizes and oh how I would love one.
 Asher being given an evil eye protector called a Nazar.  I love this tradition in Turkey.  They put evil eyes on everything to do with your baby. Strollers, cribs, shirts, headbands etc.  I think it's fun! By the time we left the bazaar, Asher was covered with them. 
 Trent trying on some leather and trying his best to negotiate the price
 My new platter! I immediately fell in love with the bright colors and it is based on the tree of life.  I was kicking myself after the first year of living here that I didn't buy cool platters, bowls or plates so I refuse to make the same mistake twice.

 Asher was so tuckered out but was overstimulated by all of the people so I covered him up and he passed out.  Yes, he can breathe.
 Trent and Brian are the funnest guys.  They loaded up on some gifts for cousins and sisters.  We realized about five minutes after leaving the store that they got completely ripped off. They talked the shopkeeper down big time from his asking price but a different man was selling the same handbags one street over for less than half the price.  At least they were able to laugh about it.

 Ryan was throwing crackers off the edge of the boat and seagulls were dive bombing into the water to get them.
 Asher loves to feed me his snacks. I love how he shoves his little chubby fingers into my mouth with such a determined look on his face.  
Ryan bought me this bowl for our anniversary.  I am OBSESSED! The second I saw it I couldn't leave without it.  It is so vibrant and will always remind me of our time here in Turkey.
It was a fabulous day!  We came home with all sorts of souvenirs!

2 comments:

kim huish said...

I'm obsessed! I can see them both sooo much better than I could on skype! I also love seeing pictures of Turkey- keep them coming!

Cummards said...

I love that bowl!! I am so bad at buying keepsakes! By the time we go home, I always figure there is really nothing I want to take with me. But, I already regret not having anything to show from our time in France. Not to mention I don't really want just a knick knack, that collects dust. That bowl is perfect, I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...