Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lean Legs and elliptical workout

My friend Emily gave me this "killer" leg workout.  I don't ever use the word killer but this seemed like the perfect time.  I did it today at the gym and within 15 minutes after leaving, my legs were sore.  My butt and hamstrings are feeling it and I love when that happens! Also, below I shared a elliptical workout I made up (I'm sure many of "made it up") and it will leave you huffing and sweaty. 
Thank you EM!!

(email from Emily)


LEAN LEGS:
Ok, I did this workout with only five pound weights in each hand because I was doing so many reps Warm up: I did 7 minutes on the elliptical to get a little sweat

Equipment needed: 5 pound weights (optional) and one aerobic step or stair in your house! Jump rope or just jump in place as if jump roping.


Exercises:

A. Backward lunge off box- 15 reps each leg
B. Military walk outs into push up, then squat with shoulder press-So start with the dumbbells right by your feet. Walk out into a pushup position and do 2 pushups. Walk back in, grab weights by feet and do 10 squats with shoulder press. Do a total of 10 pushups (50 squats)
C. Jump Rope 1 minute
D. RDL with pull- Keep knees slightly bent, bend torso over (working hamstrings) with weights almost at feet, slowly pull back up with weights up to shoulders (in front of chest). Do 15 reps
E. Forward lunge onto box- 15 reps each leg. Start standing behind the box and step forward with one leg as if doing a lunge but end with foot on box.
Repeat 2-3 times  Stretch after! xoxo, Em

TRY THIS! You will not regret the pain.  

Elliptical Workout
I also wanted to share my latest, greatest elliptical workout. Very simple steps but great cardio workout.

Choose Quick Start:
Every minute take the elliptical up one level
Minute 1:  Level 1
Minute 2:  Level 2
Minute 3:  Level 3
(you get the idea)  All the way to level 10!!
When you complete minute 10 drop down to level 4 for 5 minutes.  At 15 minutes take level back up to 10 and do the process in reverse.
Minute 15: Level 10
Minute 16: Level 9
Minute 17:  Level 8
(you get the idea)  All the way back to level 1
When minute 25 is completed take it back to level 5 for minutes 25-30. 
Finished! 
TRY to keep the elliptical at 75 RPM or above.  On the high levels this is REALLY tough but make sure to keep a quick pace.
I have been doing this a couple times a week and I love the burn I feel in my legs when I'm finished.
Let me know what you think! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Cummards said...

I don't think I've told you how horrible I did on that treadmill workout link you put up...I made it to minute 37 and then was spent! That was as far as I could go! I'll try this elliptical one, hopefully I have better luck :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...