Thursday, March 1, 2012

10 Months

Asher is now a whole 10 MONTHS OLD. 
I am sure that I'm not the only mother out there that actually gets quite emotional when realizing your baby is growing up so fast.  Asher is changing too fast and I get overwhelmed when I feel like I'm not soaking it all in quick enough! I love this little man.  I love everything about him.  Even his new talent of throwing mini tantrums. He truly is the second best thing that has ever happened to me. Ryan being the first. Wait, can there be a tie?  Ok, he is tied for the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I don't know how I lived overseas without Asher the previous two years.  I have a constant buddy and he sure makes the time fly by.  In fact, the time is flying by too fast.
 He now has EIGHT chompers.  They are sharp little suckers and he knows how to use them. He says "no no no no!" When we tell him not to touch things or pull things off shelves.  He looks right at us and pretty much sings it back to us. Now he says it while doing something we tell him not to do.  I don't think he understands the meaning.
 He loves mango! 
 He is starting to want to give us things.  He puts his snacks in my mouth and hands me toys all of the time.
 He has learned that he likes to yell and make a really cute/loud squealing noise.  He has definitely learned how to do "peek a boo!"  He leans to the side and then pops up and laughs! He also pulls things in front of his face and then pops out from behind. Keeps us entertained for at least 15 minutes.
 He no longer sucks his thumb. Actually makes me really sad.  He still sucks it sometimes in his sleep but not all of the time any more.  It was the cutest! I think his teeth probably hurt his little thumb.


 He points and waves at everything and makes a "chu! chu!" sound like "look! look!"
 He loves his belly tickled and blown on.  He absolutely LOVES daddy. It makes my heart melt every time Ryan comes home and Asher squeals.  He has even started crying when Ryan leaves.  He crawls over to the front door and pounds on it while screaming! I guess I'm not that cool because Asher dives out of my arms when I leave him at daycare.  "Peace out mom!"

He is a speedy little crawler.  He has no desire to stand on his own or walk yet.  I think he realizes he gets around pretty quick on all fours so why waste time learning something new?  He is into absolutely everything.  His favorite is pulling everything off of the shelves in the kitchen and standing and reaching for anything he sees.  He loves anything with a chord.  He has baskets of toys but plays with the chords coming from the T.V.  He is ALL boy.  He loves to wrestle, eat and he loves his sleep. He is finally back on a good schedule after dealing with jet lag and then being sick.  He had bronchitis a couple of weeks ago which was quite a scary story for another post.  He got his first X-ray and took antibiotics for the first time.  He loves bath time and splashes like it's his job.  He is impossible to dress and change his diaper. He is a wiggle worm and is already too strong for me.  It's exhausting.  His favorite is still Yo Gabba Gabba but we have now added Toy Story 3.  This is how I get dinner on the table! Call me a bad mom. Go ahead.  He is now really into us reading books at night. He sits there and points at every picture.  He squeals every time someone calls on Skype.  He yells every time we're waiting for the elevator because his voice echoes through out the stairwell of the 20 floors.  Every single time. I mean it.  He is a friendly and social baby.  He is so active and already keeps me on my toes. I am fine if he doesn't walk until he is two.  If I put him on a bed or couch he looks over the edge and crawls back. He has never fallen off the bed! Ryan did this as a baby also!  I think my favorite time throughout the entire day is when I'm nursing him at night and he actually lets me snuggle him.  He lays there and looks at me and plays with my face.  It's my favorite. I soak in every second.  I love my little man and he is definitely an amazing gift from our Heavenly Father.  I hope I am being a good mommy and deserve to have such a sweet baby.  
We love you Asher! These have been the best 10 months!

1 comment:

Kade and Brittany Wadsworth said...

He is so cute Jess!! Loving your blog with all of these new workout posts! Keep it up... I need to join the band wagon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...