Monday, March 5, 2012

I jumped on...

I am almost positive that most of you have heard about the latest craze of green smoothies.  About six months ago my dad introduced me to green smoothies. I thought he was crazy. Spinach and kale in a smoothie? Gross. I was wrong! They are amazing! We have been making them every morning since and so I can say I definitely jumped on the green smoothie train.  They make me feel so great and I love getting so many servings of fruits and veggies first thing in the morning.  Also, I am able to get greens in Ryan!!
I usually put in my smoothies a banana, berries, kiwi, orange juice, mango, grapes or anything I have in my fridge that day along with two heaping handfuls of spinach, flaxseed, greek yogurt, ice and a random carrot or avocado here and there. Unfortunately, I can't find kale here in Turkey. I am so excited to get home this summer and make them during peach season. Yum. If you don't make these smoothies you should definitely give them a try! Asher even loves them with some rice cereal mixed in to make it thick.

I did my first day of the hundredpushup challenge! It was great and I even convinced Ryan to join me. Tomorrow I'll be posting a guest post from my friend Emily that has an amazing no equipment workout! 

2 comments:

Natalie {Parade of the Day} said...

Jessica! You have totally inspired me! I am so excited to get our Pre-Baby bodies back!

Megan Marie said...

ha grapes... i didn't see that you had text below the photo before i made that last comment... i make a smoothie every morning and i put tons of spanich in it. i also love putting in (even though it's not fresh..) canned pineapple in 100% pineapple juice. no sugar added! i love the flavor, even broccoli!

xo i miss you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...