Thursday, March 1, 2012

IT'S ON!

I've been anxious the last couple of days to really begin this challenge.  I have been exercising previous to this challenge but I am ready to really focus on getting more fit. I want to gain more muscle, really tone and get more lean.  As I mentioned before, I am really nervous about posting pictures but looking at these pictures is an eye opener.  Want to really get motivated? Take a few pictures of yourself.  There are even some I took that I really didn't have the courage to post.  Maybe later when I can post the "after" as well.  It may help a little bit if I actually had a tan or had put some makeup on? All well. This is the REAL deal.  Take some pictures of your back side, abs and flexing your biceps. I put my pictures in a file on my computer so that they will all be in one place and easy to refer back and look as I make progress. 
Also, take measurements.  Every time I take measurements it is the best feeling to have the inches fade. Measure around your bicep, the top of your hip bones (waist), around the largest part of your bum and then each thigh.  My great friend (who will do a guest post really soon!) taught me to find a spot and remember where you measured.  Do you have a freckle? Scar? Remember that's where your measured. Great little trick.  

Well, here goes nothing...
Measurements Thursday March, 1st.
Thighs 22.5 inches
Butt 38.5 inches
Waist 34 inches
Bicep 11.5 inches
Weight 139 pounds


 I'm actually a girl that likes having a...booty! That's right, I said it!  But, gaining the weight I did through out my pregnancy made my ghetto booty a saggy booty. This is one of my target areas. Get my bubble booty back! Let's lift this baby up! I'll also be working to tone my arms and back.  I'll be posting my exercises for you to try.
Asher wanted in on the picture taking.  He sure makes an ugly picture a cute one!

Here are some things I will be doing over the next couple months.  
Have you heard of www.hundredpushups.com 
I recently heard about this website from a friend.  I took a look and I am 100% in.  How cool to do one hundred pushups at one time? It is a 6 week program to build up strength and in the end I'll be able to accomplish 100 PUSHUPS! Take a look at the website, do your test this weekend and join me! It is something that would be incredibly easy to do from home without any equipment but see results.  It is only three days a week and takes only ten minutes or less each day.  We all have that kind of time no matter how busy we are.  First thing in the morning, right when you put your baby down for a nap, on your lunch break or right before you hop into bed. I'll be starting the program Monday. I did the test and I did 25 pushups.  My friend did 14.  It doesn't matter where you start even if it's 5 MENS pushups.  It's just that you start.  Let me know if you're going to join me! 

You may be wondering what my actual goal is since I don't really have a goal "weight."  My goal is to feel about my body how I did in this picture below.  I felt healthy, fit, strong and active. This was taken a little under two years ago about a month before I found out I was pregnant. I remember I weighed about 135 in this picture but I was strong and lean with a lot less inches hanging around.  This is my goal. To feel great about myself and to be excited to put on a swimsuit. Sounds good to me! 
I'm off to the gym! Today I'll be doing 30 minutes of cardio and some weightlifting. I'll post my workout later! Are you going to the gym or exercising today?

8 comments:

Julie said...

We have almost identical measurements! I don't know, you look pretty buff and toned to me! You've still got your dancer legs. I started today, keep me motivated please! :)

Cummards said...

Ok, I keep reading your blog on the ipad and its so annoying to comment, but now I"m on my computer! First of all, really..these are your before pictures?! You've got the cutest body! I am hoping you find some great home workout DVD's because lately thats been my best option. I had my mom send me the INSANITY set, which kicked my butt. I don't feel like doing the whole thing over right away again though. Good luck!!!

kim huish said...

I love all your posts! This looks like fun and you may have to do it again in a few months to motivate me after I have this baby! And sadly, I bet your "before" picture would be my "after" picture! haha Good luck!

Brooke and Mike said...

Rock on girl! I think I would be proud to have my "after" pictures look like the ones you just posted though. You already look so fit! I skipped my workout this morning, and now you have inspired me to make it up this evening. thx!!

Jess said...

going to the gym in an hour. Its cardio day. Haven't taken measurements but will...thanks for the motivation. BTW you look great! Thanks for the motivation.

Jaclyn said...

to be honest i feel like you lot awesome now, BUT i know how that goes. i lost all my muscle after baby and really want to feel tight and toned. need to jump on the band wagon.

Kathleen said...

You look amazing, but I know what you are talking about. I too want to gain more strength, I'm not as brave as you to post measurements. But will definitely check out the site about 100 push-ups. I think I can do that. Thanks for the info and keep it up. I think about you when I hit my cardio workouts. I keep saying, I think I can, I think I can. :-)

Hightower said...

You seriously look amazing. But I am right there with ya. I'll have to check your blog more frequently to keep myself motivated : ) I always feel amazing after a work out....it's getting myself to actually DO the work out that I struggle with haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...